Love me some acid...

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Used some acid rinse as a urine pre-spray today and saw lots of urine come through my JoeDang wand. Much more than when I don’t pre-spray with an acid rinse.

I’d normally use my lovely SS12, but I wanted to see the results of using the acid first.

Oh and F you guys.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
An acid urine prespray is usually more efficient than a urine rinse. **** you all except Marty. Gotta go easy on the poor bugger for a few days.

Reactions: scotty747

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I tried several acid rinses on urine and I got my best results using chem-spec's all fiber textile rinse ph 1.5-2.5

Just don't use it if there's any natural stone or metal objects butting up to the carpet.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I tried several acid rinses on urine and I got my best results using chem-spec's all fiber textile rinse ph 1.5-2.5

Just don't use it if there's any natural stone or metal objects butting up to the carpet.
Chespec and Prochem must be the same company now. I order Chemspec acid rinse on Amazon and the boxes are loaded with Legend Brand gift certificates. That makes me happy.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's pretty " low"

Are you sure?
That wool rug picture I posted of flushing on that driveway was with that product and I've gone through dozens of HF jugs with that product in it on synthetics. The 4-5ph acid rinses never did the job correctly.

But like I said, it'll tear up some natural stone and stainless steel if you're not careful. They just need to know when and where to use that product or Saiger p-zyme

Name
Jeff T
That wool rug picture I posted of flushing on that driveway was with that product and I've gone through dozens of HF jugs with that product in it on synthetics. The 4-5ph acid rinses never did the job correctly.

But like I said, it'll tear up some natural stone and stainless steel if you're not careful. They just need to know when and where to use that product or Saiger p-zyme
49CFBBD8-D97B-4AF5-A111-44947BBE9168.png

Name
Jeff T
Not to split hairs...
BUT, undiluted; 2.3 ph
RTU; adding water increases the ph; 3.58 ph
Regardless, strong acid.

How does it smell? I know that most browning treatments stink like acid....
15092D76-C242-4ACE-9AC9-EB3E5CDD3155.png6E8FA7F1-D45A-4958-BD39-F4BDF9E82209.png

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Tom Forsythe

The benefit of acid in urine situations is that it neutralizes alkaline salts. Ammonia is one of the primary alkalines that needs to neutralized. The good news is that ammonia odor disappears once you take the pH of 12 below pH of 9. Typical acid rinses are between 4 to 5 RTU and diluted 1 to 320 which may not be enough to lower the pH enough for the odor to dissipate. The RTU pH of 3 is ten times stronger than pH 4 and 100 times stronger than pH 5. This explains why some acids will neutralize better than others. This is one side of the story. This article discusses the benefits of the rinses at 4 to 5 pH over the pure neutralizers at pH 3. https://blog.aramsco.com/can-an-acid-rinse-be-more-than-a-neutralizer

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Been using chemspec all fiber rinse for a year for years and years. Haven't actually read the label lately I'll have to go look at mine when I get in

I started using it for that because , there was a time when I would read labels, and follow instructions !😁😁 O noticed way back a long time ago that it was actually labeled for a urine treatment don't know if it still is or not

Name
Steve Lawrence
There was a time when we used to say non-alkaline instead of acid. That's the power of words. Even carpet formulations are called "rinses" instead of acid. Still do.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Been using chemspec all fiber rinse for a year for years and years. Haven't actually read the label lately I'll have to go look at mine when I get in

I started using it for that because , there was a time when I would read labels, and follow instructions !😁😁 O noticed way back a long time ago that it was actually labeled for a urine treatment don't know if it still is or not
Just now looked. And it is not labeled as a urine remedy any longer. OH well. O_H_I_O 🙂

I believe that their Endz-all was also labeled as such as well. checked just now, an it is not
.. I remember mixing it with OSR for saturation treatments with a spotter claw, because if their labeling.

Now I did realize that the two are different. (rinse and OSR/Endz) di not use them together.

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
It must still be working or you never run into urine.
Or, you’ve always just used it as a rinse.
Of course, there’s always the possibility that you just needed something to talk about .
Don’t change anything just for us.
Idiot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom