Low Moisture Method

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
A while back, there was a YouTube video showing the comparison of Low Moisture vs. HWE. In the video, which they took down, it showed the low moisture pre treating the carpet with a Bridgepoint prespray. I don’t remember the name.

Of course it was about comparing the two.

My question is to you guys and gals, has anyone used a prespray product (not encap) to treat the area prior, agitate, then extract with an encap?

Mikey P

Administrator
run a encap/shampoo through the TM and wand?

dont do that.

the whole premise it to leave behind as much polymer as possible.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
run a encap/shampoo through the TM and wand?

dont do that.

the whole premise it to leave behind as much polymer as possible.

No no, the gentleman encapping with a Trinity, pre-treated the carpet with a pre-spray, he then went over it with a glad pad, and while he was doing that he was applying the encap to extract everything. (I guess) but surely used the Bridgepoint pre-spray to help with soil removal.

The hwe guy did it as usual.

If I can find the video, I'd share it. I don't think it is up anymore.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Pre=spray, pre-scrub, extract is pretty common, but wouldn't be considered low-moisture. "Encap" became a trendy term like "oxy" or "nano" in the cleaning chemical world, so there are several extraction emulsifiers labeled with the term.

Since very little product is used in extraction cleaning, and most of the product is being removed by the extraction process, this is not a very efficient means of leaving soil hiding residue in the carpet.

randy

Name
Randy
BS, go OP 500 feet of filthy cpt with a blue Micro and put it in a Homer full of hot water...

Dam it Mike, you are making me long for the good ole days when you were bashing us low moisture guys on the red/ blue/ ICS boards as HACKS ! Those were good times.

WOW how time flys, and things change. How we change. I wish I could go back to 1990 when I started and do it all again, just a little different (honestly more than a little different).

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Dam it Mike, you are making me long for the good ole days when you were bashing us low moisture guys on the red/ blue/ ICS boards as HACKS ! Those were good times.

WOW how time flys, and things change. How we change. I wish I could go back to 1990 when I started and do it all again, just a little different (honestly more than a little different).

the good ol' days were plagued with wheels up machines and 100% cotton pads that loaded up in 3 sq ft.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Some truck mounts extract 110% of the soil each and every time..

Give me a ******* break
I got no problem with padding, I use it myself on occasion. My only issue is with using the term "extracting" in relation to pad capping. We remove some soil with pad capping but it's no where near the same as hwe . I know it's petty but I would never tell the customer I'm extracting the dirt with a while padding.

Mikey P

Administrator
pad 500 feet of nasty glue down, put the pad in a 5 gal bucket of hot water and stir with a stick..

Then tell me you didn't extract A LOT of soil

Name
Lee Stockwell
pad 500 feet of nasty glue down, put the pad in a 5 gal bucket of hot water and stir with a stick..

Then tell me you didn't extract A LOT of soil
Yes.

Then save that bucket of water, and lightly go over the same area again with your TM to get another 5 gallon.

Compare.

hogjowl

Idiot™
B6F6EDD1-2F59-4953-ACB9-829D4E1058F4.jpeg

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Yes.

Then save that bucket of water, and lightly go over the same area again with your TM to get another 5 gallon.

Compare.
That was my point. The video did exactly that. But it is no longer online. I tried to look for it and couldn’t find it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
BS, go OP 500 feet of filthy cpt with a blue Micro and put it in a Homer full of hot water...
Thats the problem right there. One pad won't clean 500 feet of filthy carpet. Probably need 10 pads. In my opinion, you have to change pads until you see that they are not getting soiled. Kind of like the window on your wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom