Lowering my van

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
There is only so much room between the frame and axel unless they notched the frame. I would be interested in seeing what they did.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is only so much room between the frame and axel unless they notched the frame. I would be interested in seeing what they did.
What they did is basically flatten the springs on a hydraulic press. When you look at these vans stock and empty, they look like the rear end is jacked up. There is more than enough space to lower it a bit without impacting the load capacity. The carpet cleaning unit installed is towards the front center of the van and tends to push the front springs down and not affect the rear very much. Cleanco pro unit. Even if I were to install a fresh water tank, the space for it is still more to the center of the van. They have re-arced the springs, installed new shackles and u-bolts, checked where the bump stops are. Apparently, a very common procedure here with guys trying to get their vans into underground parkades.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What they did is basically flatten the springs on a hydraulic press. When you look at these vans stock and empty, they look like the rear end is jacked up. There is more than enough space to lower it a bit without impacting the load capacity. The carpet cleaning unit installed is towards the front center of the van and tends to push the front springs down and not affect the rear very much. Cleanco pro unit. Even if I were to install a fresh water tank, the space for it is still more to the center of the van. They have re-arced the springs, installed new shackles and u-bolts, checked where the bump stops are. Apparently, a very common procedure here with guys trying to get their vans into underground parkades.
Just get a promaster. It sits low enough I can step in without ripping out my pants crotch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom