Lowe's and Stainmaster Carpet

Jamesh921

Name
James
I just say a commercial on TV stating that Lowe's is the ONLY retailer that sells Stainmaster carpet. Is this true? Anybody have any info on this???

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
I BOUGHT SOME LAST SUMMER FOR THE HOUSE
AND IT WAS'NT FROM LOWES
but thank god for their installers
we get alot of restretchs from thier crews

Name
R.J. Povio
well when lowes and Home depot advertise 39.99 to install new carpet in a whole house what do you expect. Something is getting marked up. They must be getting the carpet really cheap via volume discounts. hell most of us on this board dont even clean a room of carpet for 40 bucks! Carpet is carpet.....its all about the install!!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Whatever they charge for install- They can and will say 99.00 whole house installation BUT they will be ready to charge insane amounts to move a few pieces of furniture and they charge -I believe at Lowe's- 30cents a sqft to REMOVE the old carpet and old pad!!! (which is pretty quick and easy to do)
Now that's where the money is!

Not to mention the "need" to fix up tackstrips all over the house ($$$$$)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yup the super cheap installs aren't that cheap, they simply burry the rest ofthe price in the total cost.

And to answer your carpets... Stain Master carpet are not found exclusively at lowes.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The ad stated "home improvement retailer" And yes the 39 dollar install is very gimmicky. You first must purchase padding with the project which is $1.50 more a yard than the going price at most other places, second they mark it up elsewhere. The home improvement retailers took a marketing page out of bait and switch carpet cleaners

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom