Lunchpail in action

bonesheal

Sun-Belt is working up a quote on this machine for me. It looks like it has the blower silencer on it--I was hoping it would be a little quieter, but it's hard to tell from a video. What is the noise like on this TM?

Mikey P

Administrator
Less than most, more than some.

if you want to hear crickets while you wax on/wax off your running truckmounted carpet cleaning machine you'll have to buy a cds.

bonesheal

Mikey P said:
Less than most, more than some.

if you want to hear crickets while you wax on/wax off your running truckmounted carpet cleaning machine you'll have to buy a cds.

I'm just worried about bothering neighbors in residential neighborhoods. I run a Butler now, which is tolerable on Mach I and annoying at Mach II. If the engine is that loud does the blower silencer make much of a difference?

Mikey P

Administrator
A real slide in will always be louder than a cds or pto.

The blower on the C4 is as quiet as they get but the 35 hp Briggs will let the neighbors know that you're there cleaning carpet.

(that's a good thing during working hours imo)

F

FB7777

did Michael J Fox shoot that video or was the camcorder sitting on OXley's rattle-mount?

if you're concerned with noise, stick with a CDS or Butler like Mike said

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
There was little if any blower and engine exhaust noise coming out the exhaust hose. The air cooled engine made most of the noticeable niose in the general area. It was very acceptable in my opinion and would likely be quieter once installed in a van.

Shane T said:
There was little if any blower and engine exhaust noise coming out the exhaust hose. The air cooled engine made most of the noticeable niose in the general area. It was very acceptable in my opinion and would likely be quieter once installed in a van.

Shane,

We had a custom silencer made for this unit. Even though it looks like a standard Cowl, it was special ordered. With the combination of this silencer and the Sutorbilt 408 blower, there is virtually no blower noise on this unit.

kdk_0495nnnnsmall.jpg

The noise that you do hear on the video is engine noise coming through the housing of the engine. Once it is installed in a van, it is considerably quieter. I have a video here showing the vibration of the unit. It seems louder than it actually is. That is just the way machinery sounds on video.

th_kdk_0483.jpg

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
ACE said:
A bit off topic but, could someone explain the difference between CDS and PTO?

Humm...CDS stands for clutch drivin system and is run off a clutch (fly wheel) connected to a drive shaft thats powers the unit, PTO, power take off system, is connected to the drive train of the van through the trans I think.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
fred boyle said:
did Michael J Fox shoot that video or was the camcorder sitting on OXley's rattle-mount?

Hey Fred,

I shot the video. Along w/ the flash extractor, triad, nordic 1, and some others.

Thanks for posting Mikey.

Chris A

Name
Chris
would have been cooler had it actually been DOING something.

Name
Nate W.
bonesheal said:
Is that one 2.5" connection and a 2" connection coming off of there?

Yes, it's 1 port 2.5" and the other 2". Judson can also customize it too whatever you prefer. :wink:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have what I would consider a real truckmount and can honestly say that my Genesis is no louder than my HM CDS I had.

bonesheal

Nate The Great said:
bonesheal said:
Is that one 2.5" connection and a 2" connection coming off of there?

Yes, it's 1 port 2.5" and the other 2". Judson can also customize it too whatever you prefer. :wink:

Thanks, I've spoken to Leslie & Judson about it, it's on my very short list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom