LVT, Ceramic & Sheet Vinyl ---need suggestions on safest cleaner to use in a medical clinic

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
Hi, I'm trying to find a universal cleaner for these floor types.

Would the Prochem Ultrapac extreme be safe on all these floor types?

Also, I can't afford $2,000 for one of those CRB's right now so would a small auto scrubber with a stiff brush head provide the same results?

I'm cleaning a medical clinic and there are various types of floor coverings
The exam rooms have vinyl sheeting
The bathrooms have vinyl sheeting
The Lab has LVT
The entry has ceramic tile with grout lines

I just took over this cleaning this facility and the floors have clearly been neglected. I want to take care of them so any suggestions would be awesome.

Anyone know of any floor care classes coming up? If so, please add that info here.

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
I would imagine the floors are pretty clean, correct?

A neutral pH, no rinse cleaner and an Autoscrubber along with some poll brushes and micro flat mops for the hard to get to areas should be fine

but if you do run into some filthy gooey greasy areas, Ultrapac Extreme works really well and should be easily rinsed with your auto scrubber

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
I would imagine the floors are pretty clean, correct?

A neutral pH, no rinse cleaner and an Autoscrubber along with some poll brushes and micro flat mops for the hard to get to areas should be fine

but if you do run into some filthy gooey greasy areas, Ultrapac Extreme works really well and should be easily rinsed with your auto scrubber

no the floors are as filthy as the ones in your video except the new floors but every exam room floor is that look alike light colored wood flooring in vinyl and its pact with dirt. I was shocked at the level of filth in the facility.

Mikey P

Administrator
No kidding...gross.

You'll have to experiment than..

Chemistry and scrubbing are only so effective, sometimes you need heat and pressure to really knock it out of the grooves.

Bring some butyl stripper/degreaser just in case

Do you have a truckmount our portable?

Sweep
Apply your chem
Dwell time
Scrub
Scrub some more
Rinse
Mop dry
Detail

steve_64

Viper neutral cleaner and a good mop and ringer. Most soils will melt right off and it will kill urine odors as well as leave a decent fragrance. You can carry a scraper with you for gum and things like that.

Put a green scratch pad on the mop too for extra agitation.

Reactions: Thecrew

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
No kidding...gross.

You'll have to experiment than..

Chemistry and scrubbing are only so effective, sometimes you need heat and pressure to really knock it out of the grooves.

Bring some butyl stripper/degreaser just in case

Do you have a truckmount our portable?

Sweep
Apply your chem
Dwell time
Scrub
Scrub some more
Rinse
Mop dry
Detail

Yes, gross. And, the doctor stools in the exam rooms leak grease on the floors too so there's splatters of grease throughout each exam room It's terrible and its going to take sometime to get it all cleaned up. I've spent the last week deep cleaning the interior/exterior of the facility. The staff have shown their gratitude with kind notes and SUGAR COOKIES lol :) One lady said she didn't think anyone had ever dusted under her desk before, so yep GROSS :( but it looks great now aside from the floors in the exam room. The LVT & vinyl sheeting is new so I want to keep it well maintained. I'm wanting a universal product that I can use on all floor types and a professional recommendation for the process to take to ensure they stay looking GREAT

I'm leery about using any stripper because my past experiences has not been so great. For the deep clean of those floors in the exam room I may just call a pro in for those area's and pass the charges on to the clinic, anyone here have a refer for a floor company?

There's a 15' floor buffer in their janitorial room with a stiff black brush. I haven't had any training in floor care aside from stripping the VCT in our printing plants but I do know how to operate the buffer and I have a flat mop system but I don't have a truck mount.

I'm not receiving email notifications when someone responds. I will check my settings :)

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
Viper neutral cleaner and a good mop and ringer. Most soils will melt right off and it will kill urine odors as well as leave a decent fragrance. You can carry a scraper with you for gum and things like that.

Put a green scratch pad on the mop too for extra agitation.

I will definitely look into this cleaner, got the mop/wringer covered
I'm a bit concerned about using a green scratch pad though as that will most likely scratch the surface, won't it? I suppose I could try an inconspicuous area before going full throttle :)

Thank you :)

steve_64

I've been using green pads for 40 years on Oct and tile and have never had an issue. 20190420_174507_Film1.jpg

Reactions: Thecrew

steve_64

Here's a room I cleaned about 4 months ago. You can kinda see how the room still looks good compared to what hasnt been cleaned. Just a splash of the neutral cleaner in a bucket of water keeps the floors from resoiling along with wringing them out right keeps it from streaking too.20190420_164047_Film1.jpg20190420_164112_Film1.jpg20190420_164112_Film1.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P and Thecrew

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
Here's a room I cleaned about 4 months ago. You can kinda see how the room still looks good compared to what hasnt been cleaned. Just a splash of the neutral cleaner in a bucket of water keeps the floors from resoiling along with wringing them out right keeps it from streaking too.View attachment 90384View attachment 90385View attachment 90385
And all you use to maintain the tile is a neutral cleaner and those mops with a green scrubber? Do you use the neutral cleaner on VCT too or just ceramic tile?

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
I will definitely look into this cleaner, got the mop/wringer covered
I'm a bit concerned about using a green scratch pad though as that will most likely scratch the surface, won't it? I suppose I could try an inconspicuous area before going full throttle :)

Thank you :)

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
I found Viper Venom Cleaner on Amazon. Is this the same product you mentioned above?

steve_64

I found Viper Venom Cleaner on Amazon. Is this the same product you mentioned above?
I would imagine its the same but I get mine from interlink. And yes I use it on tile linoleum laminate and wood floors. You can wash walls with it too.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes neutral cleaner for all those floors on a daily basis. 1-2 oz. per gallon and more is not
better. Mop the floors daily, with neutral cleaner. As time goes by the floors will dull out and will need to be buffed. The 175 will clean your floors using white, red, and green
pads. You can talk to a supply distributor on how to use the pads. Right now the truckmount is not needed. You need to know how to be a janitor, floor care person.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Hi Crew! Where are you in MO? We would be happy to help, just give us a shout. We have some toys you can try out.

Jon Don in St. Louis has a customer appreciation day coming up, there will be some really great people all in one location to help with these types of issues.

Tony

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
Hi Crew! Where are you in MO? We would be happy to help, just give us a shout. We have some toys you can try out.

Jon Don in St. Louis has a customer appreciation day coming up, there will be some really great people all in one location to help with these types of issues.

Tony

I'm near KC. Any upcoming events near there? OR, Springfield, Mo?

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber

Tony

Tony, can you recommend a NSF rated floor cleaner that will yield the same or similar results as the Viper Venom? My client is only allowing NSF rated products in the facilities.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Tony, can you recommend a NSF rated floor cleaner that will yield the same or similar results as the Viper Venom? My client is only allowing NSF rated products in the facilities.

NSF certifies food and beverage products- from coffee pots to dishware to dispensing and mixing equipment. I don't think they certified cleaning products. Do they have an example of an NSF certified cleaning product they are currently using?

Thecrew

Name
Stephanie Barber
NSF certifies food and beverage products- from coffee pots to dishware to dispensing and mixing equipment. I don't think they certified cleaning products. Do they have an example of an NSF certified cleaning product they are currently using?

I don't believe any of the products we are currently using is NSF rated but their transitioning and there's an entire list of cleaning products they sent to me which is in fact NSF rated. I don't have that handy atm but I will get it and try to upload it here.

Reactions: J Scott W

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Sorry I'm so late responding. There is an interlink is KC, and several smaller distributors. As far as NSF, if you prequalify and use the products they recommend it puts the results in their hands.

Tony

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I'm on the west side of KC and if you would like I could take a look at the floor some time if you would like. I work on various hard floor types and a neutral cleaner will do most cleaning jobs without damaging the surface. Start out small and don't buy a lot of equipment until you learn a bit more.
I done some work a big franchise dental practice that had a list of the exact cleaners they wanted used on each surface. It was a chemical nightmare and something I wouldn't bid on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom