M10F@Aptos

Beeks

Name
J.R.
i most certainly intend to, i used to have a place over there in Riverside, and my wife is always bugging me to go to Cali, so what better reason to go right!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Me and at least one of my friends/customers Chet Alexander who won the free admissions from you. There are 3 others that won so they better show up too.

Lefty724

Name
E
I might have to attend? Mountian bike and/or trail running would be good for me as well? Where do you plan on riding? Single speed friendly?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Where's Aptos? Feb is the perfect time to leave the frozen tundra. Would love to be there.

Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Ahh, looks like Mikey's stompin' ground. Sounds like fun!

Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
What happened to spreading it around the country Mike? Has attendance been less?

Well gee Ken

I asked some dude in Detroit to host it and he told me to gfm...

Attendance isn't the issue, burdening a host who does not benefit from their efforts is though.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yep, it's a 40-45 minute drive from San Jose airport as I recall from my fanny pack trip there. I don't think the Aptos fashion police would let me cross the city line again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Aptos has and will always be my favorite. I know it is tons more work for Mikey but no one has come close to matching what you started in your "back yard"

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh come Ken

Cant imagine that walk in wardrobe of yours does not include a pair of nuthigh cut off Levis and some Burkinstocks

And a tshirt with a vacuum cleaner on it...

F

FB7777

C'mon Snow, prance up to San Fran after the event and make a week of it

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- I got rid of my Jean shorts years ago, sent em back to the 80's. Never owned a pair of Birks. I'll have to ask my walk in closet valet if he got rid of all my dated stuff.

John, the MF in Aptos I went to was enjoyable, but the other one I went to at Mytee was night and day imo. Kinda like the All Star forum vs Mikeysboard. That's cool if that is what is wanted though- it will be kinda like what I believe summerfest is like. Seems like a step backward though.

M

MB Auctions

interesting perspective.

I thought the San Deigo show was a bust. Lowest attendance of all MFs.

The day at the Hall was sort of fun, touring Mytee was neat but the only class that stands in my memory was Werner's how to push a vacuum lecture.

The DriEaz/Tennessee events were the most impressive location and set up wise but this year's event in Vegas had the best content and vendors by far.

With Ray's help, I think we can get many of the same vendors and class wise, if I stick to actual cleaners/Owners again it should rival Vegas.

Plus here I can arrange to go out and clean at a location for a hands on Experience no other show can pull off.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Top highlights from Aptos: 1. The dude dressed in pink walking around downtown SantaCruz with his pink umbrella. 2. The hotel nightclub with all the 80 year old patrons. 3. The dice game at the tavern across the street with my new best friends and hot chicks. Ya, I'll try to be there.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I like the atmosphere of a bunch of cleaners getting together. The feel was more of being together instead of a mini connections trade show. When Mikey started to move it around my greatest fear was it would become a "trade" show. I know that sounds strange from someone who's family depends on my selling stuff but Mikeysfest is my time to get away from that and hang with my friends.

Mikey P

Administrator
The problem we had/have in every where from Aptos is the locals don't come. maybe twenty at best, in Vegas we had less than 10 show up

All you MF'rs or newbs who hear about it (wom, clean fax ad) from out of the area fly or drive in. So the benefit to the host isn't really much of one.

In the future it should be held at cleaners shops IMO or an event center/hotel

Reactions: Ken Snow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom