MacBook Air?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It is an awesome machine bought on right after mf10 this year. Really fast and really built well, but software wise I have run into some major stumbling blocks for the biz.

The biggest for me was not being able to run xactware which is xactimate for restoration and build back estimating and billing software for water restoration. This for me was a big let down and don't understand why they won't develop the software to run on macs.

Interface and overall operation was learned becomes second hand as you begin to see why they do what they do for specific reasons that seem like it was just meant to be.

I am very satisfied with the unit overall and will buy another for my wife probably for Christmas this year.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Should I get the Pro?

I hate making big purchases like this because I can't make up my mind...

Her birthday is Saturday so I've got to make a choice.

Thanks guys!

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I bought the fastest Mac book pro with the largest dual solid state drives because I like my computers to be somewhat spec and capable for at least a couple of years after purchase. On mine I went ahead with the retina screen and all the goodies just because but it is way overkill for an office unit.

My wife does a bit of video and picture editing and she loves it. Know I need to buy her one so she can get off my computer.

Reactions: Edgarardon76

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I just ordered the 13" MB Air. I upgraded the hard drive to 256, the RAM to 8, and the processor to an i7 (think that what it's called).

Looking forward to having a nice, solid, and FAST machine to use around the house! Specs say 12 hour battery life too!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Yep... Mine is a MacBook Pro 13" i7 512 ssd drive and I don't off hand remember if it's 8 or 16 gig memory. Don't know where you bought it from but at the mac store teachers get 10% off as well and that's good since mac doesn't have "sale" prices.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I had 3 MacBook pros (each purchased when a new generation was introduced)> I used these until the second Gen MacBook Air's came out. Since then, I have bought three successive iterations of the Air. (two 13" and one 11" ). I really like the Airs. I don't see me ever considering a Pro again, except possibly the Retina version, which is a tad larger than an Air.

The only downside is I am a light gamer, and some games are off limits. It does not sound like you are in this sitution. Typical business apps are beautifully handled by the Air. Having an SSD makes for really fast booting, and data transfer.

Just a tip.... Don't even consider the 11" unless you have a compelling reason to do so. You will find that the 13" is a far better size, unless diminutive size is truly needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee and Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Couldn't be happier with the customer service at macmall. It will arrive tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait to give it to Mel on her birthday (Saturday). The thing looks awesome!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All my kids have Iphones, my son has had 3 of them, my daughter and wife have IPad's and Ican't see the big deal.

I would like the sync of Itunes to my phone but its not that big of a deal since I have an Ipod. :p

Lockhart has two phones , so I was just rubbin it in. LOL

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If you don't care about value go with Mac instead of PC. Overall a better product but the price to value ratio is clearly hosed up.

Matt
www.smithbrotherscarpetcleaning.com

If you can get the best for just a little more $, isn't that value? I want my wife to enjoy the machine she's using for a good part of the day.

Resale value on any Apple product is excellent. I think that speaks of their value more than anything else.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We are really liking the Macbook so far. VERY snappy and fluid. Just a pleasure to use. Not a huge learning curve like I expected. I like how everything syncs up easily with my iPhone. Mel has a Galaxy S4 but I might try to talk her into moving to the new iPhone 6 when it's released in September.

The Macbook just might help me get in on some of the auctions and stuff that I normally miss out on because I'm usually on Tapatalk on my phone or iPad.

I'm almost always too tired to go down and get on the PC in our home office.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Glad to hear you like it. Took my wife a while to convince me but she brought her new work Mac home and I played on it for a few hours. The next day I was at the Apple store buying my own. No regrets, don't own a windows PC anymore. I do run parallels on it with windows but I don't even load it anymore. Iphone 6 should be coming in September but I'm not sure if I want a bigger screen. I just use my phone as a phone anymore and my Ipad or Mac for everything else.

We are really liking the Macbook so far. VERY snappy and fluid. Just a pleasure to use. Not a huge learning curve like I expected. I like how everything syncs up easily with my iPhone. Mel has a Galaxy S4 but I might try to talk her into moving to the new iPhone 6 when it's released in September.

The Macbook just might help me get in on some of the auctions and stuff that I normally miss out on because I'm usually on Tapatalk on my phone or iPad.

I'm almost always too tired to go down and get on the PC in our home office.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom