Machine Down

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
No Juice. Bought a new battery because it was time anyway.

Still no juice. I open the fuse panel to see this...

Pic doesn't do much justice, but the connections are corroded to the hilt.

Note to Hydramaster: DON'T PUT THE FUSE PANEL BELOW THE WATER BOX!

Anyway, this thing is hardly reachable the way I've got my van set up. Any suggestions on how to clean these terminals in place without too much difficulty?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LPS makes a great contact cleaner.... suited for use on electrical equipment.

Non-flammable ....cleans oil, grease, dirt, and other crap from delicate electrical....electronic parts. Non-conductive ..... evaporates quickly.... no residue...... comes in a aerosol can.

I use to keep a case of this stuff all the time ....works great

After you clean them then do the grease thing as mentioned above............

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Thanks for the info. Turns out my problem was a fuse, but I do need to address this corrosion problem. I can't believe it hasn't caused a ton of problems.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Blue Monarch said:
Will these cleaners rid corrosion?

the LPS will get rid of it but you will need the grease to make sure it does not happen again......

Most the time you will find that the corrosion is only on the outside and where the two parts are put together and touch are normally pretty clean

BTW.when you do clean them....pull the fuse until you are done.......this stuff is non conductive...but not worth the risk.......................

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Dirk,

I can't tell from the picture but when wires start to corrode it is usually more then just the connector. All my grounds on my machine where located directly below the prime and eventually started to corrode. I cut the wires back until I got past the corrosion and moved them out of harms way. I use dielectric at the contact point and treat with Boeshield T-9 . It will waterproof the connection. I would move them to a better location if possible.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom