MACHINE FOR PRE-AGGITATION?

theden

I know a 17inch 175 machine will do a great job for aggitatiing pre-spray. I was just wondering if there is a good quality LITE-WEIGHT machine that's not real expensive that will also give the same type of results on the dirty ones without dragging in the heavy 175. And, if so, what specific pad or brush under it?

John Watson

Did you look at that 12-13 inch rotary machine with me at JonDon's showroom at the SFS class we took in Portland in 07??

Well, we bought it and it has worked great for what we use it for. We got the 13" adgustaglide brush.

Two weeks after we got it I had another brain fart,,, while using this unit cleaning TA's after Helen packed it in, and won't know the real answer till I try it out. I believe a procaps (from John Olson) or similar machine will do a better job of aggitating the TA's and be avalible for using for other types of cleaning and I could teach Helen how to do it....

as far as not being expensive your in the 3 1/2-5 hundred range regardless what you do...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
theden said:
I was just wondering if there is a good quality LITE-WEIGHT machine that's not real expensive that will also give the same type of results

no such thing.

some light weight options, (though no comparison to a rotary) are the Host counter rotating brush machines.
Some of the older lite-wt ones are still around and can be had for a couple hundred bukz

for the "cheapest" option, an upright vac with aggressive brush will work too.
I know that, cause once we were on the third floor cleaning a hi-end rental.
The heavy wt white nylon cut pile in the living rm really needed a roto scrub.
however, I was too lazy to drag up the rotary, :oops:
instead, after i was done vaccing the place, pulled the vac hose off the Bissel and used it to scrub the pre-spray

It did a darn fine job!
We've also used our turbo-vac before with similar results.
They do well on nylon cut piles, but NOTHING comes close to a heavy rotary w/scrub bonnets or VCT pads on loop pile and CGD com

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I use a Sebo on most residential, but like Larry and others, I'll drag in the rotary on loop piles and comm.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
No.
Weight is king when scrubbing loose grease and grime.

While heavy weight is valuable, if it dissuades you from bringing in a tool that really would improve the job than it is no help at all. A light weight 13 inch rotary will give you fine results in preconditiioning your prespray, it just takes a few minutes longer to use. Throughout the years I've had to use my 35 pound machine when I simply couldn't lift my 80 pound machine due to severe back pain, broken clavicle, broken fibula, and now a torn knee ligament.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
A janitorial supply house near me has sold a bunch of these cylindrical scrubbers lately to some high-end ocean front hotels in Maine and sold 7 to Bowdoin College. A hotel near me on the coast in Cape Elizabeth uses it for cleaning up the marble entrance to the hotel and the marble floors in each suite. As well as cleaning the grout lines on the tile in the bathroom showers.

Appearantly works well on carpet too. I'm not convinced the brushes would last a long time if used to pre-scrub carpets. It does have the ability to adjust the height of the brushes so, what do I know.. I'm a BDCC still wet behind the ears.

The are fairly compact ( 10 in. wide ) and can be broken down to fit in a trunk. Weigh about 33 lbs. Come with a 1hp motor and a 1.3 gal gravity feed solution tank and a .80 gal recovery tank. I was kind of interested until he told me the price... $1050. :x Hey, at least it's light weight, right?

Heres a link to check them out. http://www.ipceagle.com/t10.html
See ya,

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
How about a 15 inch 175 that is battery powered and weighs around 50-60 lbs and a charger for the truck. Now that would make me happy. I love by 17 inch, but after two trips in and out, it starts getting heavy. Oh no, I sound like mikey.

Fred Homan

How about an Oreck 13" orbital? Works great! Especially on steps! Light weight. Works for meeeeee.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AshleyMckendree said:
:shrug: Never seen one in person, but everything Ive ever bought from HF has lasted forever.

no sweat, Ash
I'm a HF junkie too.
But there's plenty junk there I wouldn't take home if it was FREE

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If you are looking for one to carry in and do a better job at scrubbing prespray vs. brush. I got a Koblenz, buffer shampooer, dual head design for about $100.00 off ebay. At only 10 lbs. It does the job of working the prespray over the fibers better than a brush can. Metal housing and a new one could b had for $200.00 with a shampoo tank for adding a little prespray here and there. Might be worth looking into. It does not replace my rotary but on most jobs, that are only moderatly soiled, they work great. For commerical and some really bad residential I carry in the 100# rotary. But mostly its the Koblenz.

http://www.koblenz-electric.com/floor_cleaners1.htm

http://www.totalvac.com/parts/koblenzmachines.html

Walt

Mine weighs near 100lbs - so I know what you mean - it's a drag especially if you work alone or if there are a bunch of stair. I tried a 13 inch for a while - but its slow and doesn't work as well. For a while I used the CRB on everything. I think it's about as close as you are going to get. Not as good, but if you are tired it's better than skipping a step. I bought a used whittiker for 300 bucks.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I must be the king of scrub- I have a Host Liberator I like the best for weight, ease of operation, awesome for prevac and 3 sets of brushes I have 2 14 inch half horse rotaries one with shampoo tank (Fill with water for extra weight .I NEVER shampoo) and a lightweight Numatic plasticy one. The Liberator is an awesome tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom