Machine install solution

I hate to admit this, but I have a Prochem Everest just sitting in my supplier's warehouse. I bought this machine a few months back. I even bought a used 1 ton chevy van because it was a deal I could not pass up. I have been in no hurry to install it because I know I will not have enough room to suit me, and I kind of like having an empty van for picking up rugs. I plan on getting it installed within the next week or so. I am going to have doulble stack solution reels on the side of the vacuum reel and a double hose reel mounted in front of the hose reel. Four solution reels total. The two in front of the hose reel will be live with solution hose. The other two will have fresh water hose and pressure washing hose. I like the idea of being able to pressure wash a walkway etc. This seems like it would be an easy upsell.

Heres my problem. The machine came with a wheel mount fresh water tank. If I use this, I will have less than a foot of room to spare. That is just not going to work. I am thinking of getting a fresh water tank that fits between the seats, but I am affraid it will hold enough water to suite me. I really need a box truck. Hopefully I can upgrade next year.

Another option would be to use the fresh water tank that came with the machine and use the double solution reel in front of the hose reel with solution and fresh water hose. The solution reel mounted on the hose reel would hold the pressure washing hose and is high enough that I could probably fit a couple blowers under it. The fresh water container will be mounted on the drivers side and a van shelf on the passenger side.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Beware the unbalanced load of having a water tank on one side.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

I would try to eliminate the 4 solution reels.

A good narrow triple reel (2 solution reels) is an alternative.

For additional cost, you could custom-make the triple reel to give you more floor space.

We like water tanks flat on the floor of the van. Here's a photo of TM w/2 water tanks & triple reel.

08rear534.jpg

The two solution reels could be installed on the left side with a custom built support.

Larry

Greenie

For guys who insist on rear mounting their reels (like in Larry's pic), I always liked the idea of a custom fabricated roof bracket that would allow you to flip the hose reel upside down and bolt it to the roof rails, this allows you to slide the reel over to the side about 6" and gets it off the floor, a win win if you ask me.

Anyone have Duane's mini-van pic of this?

We used to have the slide in rear mounted on the left over axle, and hose reel next to it (200' tall skinny) but sol. reels were a pita, but man did the extended van have loads of room in the side door! and it rode real nice.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Just other ideas, :| I have a solution reel mounted on the back door and the water reel mounted on the other with live water line. My skinny hose reel is mounted out the side door with the truckmount.

Able 1

Name
Keith
031.jpg

I like the solution line on top of my TM, cant really think of a better place for it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
Post a pic of the back view of your van. I am learning everyday on this site.

Man of my word.. here you go... It is an extended E-250

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I think I am going to install two freshwater tanks. I will post some pics when I get everything setup. I have a question though. My new machine has an apo. Can I run this live to a solution reel, or would that eventually hurt the pump?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't run an APO but I would use garden hose imo I wouldn't run that through my solution lines... I would get a different reel for that. The reel on top of my TM is rated for the pressure and heat for cleaning. That being said you can use a much cheaper reel then that ($60 maybe) for you APO hose.

I think you misunderstood me. I currently run my freshwater hose live to the machine. I just pull the freshwater hose off the reel and hook up to water source. I would like to run a garden hose from the apo to a live reel. In the event that I need to pump out I would simply pull the hose off the reel to a dump source.

I like your setup. Have you ever been on a job where you couldn't reach from lack of hose? That would be my only concern with the 2.5 inch hose. Some of the homes I clean are quite large and I would be pushing it with just 150 feet of hose. I think the max I could fit on my reel would be like 150 feet. The Everest I am setting up was initially going to have 300 feet of 2 inch hose that way I could dual wand. I may end up going with 2.5 inch hose and say forget the dual wand. Could I run 2.5 inch hose on my Legend XL. If so, I might add 2.5 inch hose to the legend and use it for all my residential work and use the Everest for my commercial work.

If you had an Everest, would you use 2 inch hose or 2.5 inch hose? My dry times with the Legend XL are pretty good. They would be better if I had a glide.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, I did... I can fit 100ft of 2.5 on the reel and 50ft of 2" I usually Hang my 2" on passenger side wall of the van and carry it in. I don't even run 150ft much.... usually about 100' to tell you the truth.

I would run different lines as far as your supply line and the pump out though, reels just make everything faster.

Greenie

In wide open commercial, the dual 2s will be great with glides on the wands, on smaller jobs, and residential, I'd take one super sucker 2.5 any day.. Keep in mnid you are putting all the suck and all the heat for two wands on One wand...get er done.

Two man crews are great, two wand crews are specialized and limited, go with the one wand unless you do a lot of commercial or production work.

John Watson

Hey Phil, Did young Jim make those there vac reels electrcized or are they the ol manual type?

If powered by anything other that armstrong, is there a slip clutch of some sort or do they both rotate when powering in??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom