Magic Eraser

Dr. Kleen

Name
Jodi Fandozzi
Got a call from a local car dealership in my area who wants me to test clean some of their tile & grout. They said they had a guy cleaning the corners and some trouble areas with a magic eraser!!! Should be interesting… the guy asked me if I use them when I clean tile & grout!! Told him not so much…lol; he went on to say that it really made a difference. Going there this weekend to do the Service Department customer service section. Think he might have me confused with Mr. Clean.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Isn't it great when a prospective customer tries to tell you how to do your job?

It also begs the question as to why they aren't using the "magic eraser" guy instead of calling you?

The best thing about the cleaning business is the people you meet....

.....the worst thing about the cleaning business is the people you meet.

I'm so glad we no longer do that, and are only in the supply end now.

Reactions: Luky and Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You can use magic eraser pads on Mondo gym floors. They work really well on removing black marks, other shoe marks, and even ink. However, I can’t imagine it being much better than a white buffing pad on tile and grout. It’s not what they’re designed for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kleen

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Got a call from a local car dealership in my area who wants me to test clean some of their tile & grout. They said they had a guy cleaning the corners and some trouble areas with a magic eraser!!! Should be interesting… the guy asked me if I use them when I clean tile & grout!! Told him not so much…lol; he went on to say that it really made a difference. Going there this weekend to do the Service Department customer service section. Think he might have me confused with Mr. Clean.
Let him know you're a doctor.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kleen

Dr. Kleen

Name
Jodi Fandozzi
So here is the Magic he was referring to
IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

The difference actually looks pretty good in person but I think that’s because the floors are in dire need of a cleaning. Find out this weekend!!!

Reactions: BIG WOOD and FredC

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I was cleaning a brand new tile floor 2 weeks ago. I put my chemistry on the floor, hand scrubbed it and HWE it. My customer didn't like how it turned out, so she immediately got on her hands and knees with the magic eraser and made it look better. I didn't charge her and told her I wasn't gonna magic erase that whole floor.

I'll be buying some of those white melamine pads soon. It was a brand new floor and I was just cleaning up shoe marks from the construction crew

Name
Jeff T
My bank run starts in 3 weeks. They’ve changed the flooring to rubber (stupid idea) in apparently 1/2 of them. They decided it would work better for them, and are having a very hard time getting the rubber scuff marks off of it.

Well…

The daily janitorial crews said ‘it’s impossible to remove the scuff marks’.

I’ll be purchasing some melamine pads myself, and come off like the hero.

I also told them I’d have to re-bid those areas because it takes extra time and work…

Which they are fine with.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was cleaning a brand new tile floor 2 weeks ago. I put my chemistry on the floor, hand scrubbed it and HWE it. My customer didn't like how it turned out, so she immediately got on her hands and knees with the magic eraser and made it look better. I didn't charge her and told her I wasn't gonna magic erase that whole floor.

I'll be buying some of those white melamine pads soon. It was a brand new floor and I was just cleaning up shoe marks from the construction crew
Well, she showed you how to do it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yep. And I wasn't equipped with a buffer and a melamine pad, nor had time to hand scrub each tile by hand, so I didn't charge her and went on to my next job.

You gotta know when to accept a loss and just move on
Or just take out the shoe marks and book her for an overall cleaning. Unless you forgot your overalls.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Or just take out the shoe marks and book her for an overall cleaning. Unless you forgot your overalls.
Nah, she was making the entire color of the tile brighter than what I was doing

My chemistry was
1. 11ph tile cleaner first
2. 8.5ph mixed with hot sodium percarbonate /peroxide to help break down red clay tint on the second attempt.

Magic eraser was the king. So melamine it is next time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom