Magic Wand Big Boy wand

Mikey P

Administrator
Used the Big Boy on two nasty pile carpets today.

Angle is just right, I can do a 3 to 4 foot swip with out leaing over.

5 1.5 jets are cleaning just fine. I may pump it up to 02 jets.

There is a bit of a whistle where this proto type glide is leaking but the wand has so much damn SUCK it can't matter.

Check valves of some sort would be nice to keep the manifold from leaking. the type that fit inside the V jets are probably the only option as extenders would bring the jets to close and may cause streaking which is NOT an issue so far. The drips/leaking is not as noticeable as on a valve less TI wand for some strange reason as that large manifold obviously hold a lot of water.

It will drive the Wand Pansy crazy cause it does over spray and take some muscle to use.

Problem is, most if not all metal wand wings/spray guards are not designed to be used with a glide. With out a glide the wings are flush with the carpet surface. Add a Glide an not the wing is at least a half inch off the tips of the carpet fibers allowing water to escape. Our first job had raw wood base boards and both the Ti and BB were soaking them...
20130103_112543_zps05a5b323.jpg

20130103_113009_zps66841b69.jpg

Now if the wing was shaped like this the (slight) overspray would be prevented..

wand_zpsc1347f45.png

BB and PC TI side by side..

20130103_115208_zps9667fd1e.jpg

Over all for $500 its a super sturdy wand that would really kick ass on carpets that lighter wands hop skip and jump on or really any carpet that a HE man is willing to use a wind of this heft on.

Two thumbs up from this Real Cleaner. ( and not some Bozo on YouTube who learnt all he knows about tools from the internet.)

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't know, looking at that last pic, maybe there is room for the shorter check valves from WestPak.

the wet base board pics was with the wand going head into the boards and not along side, which was even worse... But they dried up with no damage within minutes.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The drips/leaking is not as noticeable as on a valve less TI wand for some strange reason as that large manifold obviously hold a lot of water.

I have that style 5 jet manifold along with a 6 jet in the same style.
I've never experienced any dripping with either unless the o-ring starts to wear in the soft touch valve. Then it will dribble a bit.
I guess that's the reason why I never saw the need for check valves on a wand.
I bumped mine to 02 jets

Reactions: MattLimbach

Mikey P

Administrator
I have that style 5 jet manifold along with a 6 jet in the same style.
I've never experienced any dripping with either unless the o-ring starts to wear in the soft touch valve. Then it will dribble a bit.
I guess that's the reason why I never saw the need for check valves on a wand.
I bumped mine to 02 jets

How hot is your water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom