Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Mytee T-Rex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Able 1

Name
Keith
This is the hardest part and one of the reasons I downsized our company

There are guy's with porty's making big money with the BS up sales.. Never downsize. I agree things can get tough, but are you always looking for the next great guy? I need to start doing this myself..

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Good idea for a thread, Joey. But Ofer nailed it:
Any of the procedures and methods described above will work.

However, making sure that your employees actually do them and do it correctly, now that's where the challenge lies.

What did you find works best for you?
And true to owners, doubly right for employees, the harder, heavier, more complicated & difficult it is to do, the more tempting (and rewarding) it will be not to do it.
Whatever system and cleaning procedure you select you must add in "Employee Accountability" by making routine but unexpected "job site inspections".

Think about it- you are held accountable by many. (your customers, your banker, your IRS agent, your wife and of course your employee to pay them every week!) Why shouldn't you hold your employees accountable instead of letting them be "Loose Cannons" out there?

Steve

PS And yes, we made it standard procedure that on all higher pile saxony type carpets over pad all the "open areas" were cleaned with rotary extraction. (We still did all our edging and cleaning under the furniture with a wand.) This system gave us great cleaning CONSISTENTLY with incredible pile restoration in those beat down traffic areas. (We did most of our work in two-person crews and would carry the RX up narrow stairs with two people.)

If during a "just stopping by check" by management we found someone wanding in a residential traffic lane they got three days off without pay! (Oddly enough we seldom used the RX-20 in commercial cleaning and never on glue down. I found that the five heads couldn't get adequate sealing on glue down without the pad underneath. But that's just me.)

Name
Steve Lawrence
To those who think RX leaves carpet too wet I don't think you were using the system properly. To help keep carpet dry it helps to have hole green glides, use a lower pressure setting like 250 to 350 psi and perform extra dry passes when needed. Stick an Airpath on there and you have a customer for life.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom