Maintenance day

Bob Foster

Pamper me day for my truck and TM. Even the Little Giant got a Brazilian. Now she's even hotter stuff.

I did the maintenance on the LG and forgot you were not supposed to take the jets off the ring. Les said it messes up the threads because the tempering from the heat degrades the brass threads on the jets. I might have got a way with it because they came out easy because the unit is only 4 years old. They threaded back on easily. My bad. Flames are a lot more blue again. Only the second time I have cleaned the burners.

The plugs on my Briggs only last a couple of months before I start to notice changes in how easy the engine starts and how well it runs.

6 town homes tomorrow... Full fuel tanks and loaded for bear....I'm ready. Start at 9 and be done by 4.

Name
I'm Rick James
I already spent over $2000 this year in preventive maintenance. $1300 of it was for a new Briggs.. got a killer deal with FREE shipping.

Bob Foster

I've been debating whether or not to put a new TM in the truck I'm building. I really wonder what the point of it would be.

My Judson TNT runs great. I was thinking of picking up a Briggs and Stratton 18 HP just for a spare and also another Roots 45 and a Cat Pump (or at least heads for it) and an electric clutch.

Other than that there really is nothing else to replace other than an alternator and starter on the Briggs.'

So for
Briggs $1300
Roots $1800
Cat Pump $600 (?)
Electric Clutch $200 (?)

What's the point of getting a new TM when I am totally happy with the performance and ease of use of what I have now? Especially when the total cost of replacing every imaginable major component only comes to around $4000. Not only that there isn't a major part on the TM you couldn't remove and replace in under a couple of hours.

According to Les he figures this is the third engine on this TNT and the second Cat. The blower is original with what we are guestimating to be around 15,000 - 20,000 hours on it and its been running filterless it whole life. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't dare run that blower at a different RPM than its been running at its whole life because it would probably kack.

Not in a million years would I consider buying anything but a Judson TM.

Name
I'm Rick James
Bob Foster said:
I've been debating whether or not to put a new TM in the truck I'm building. I really wonder what the point of it would be.

My Judson TNT runs great. I was thinking of picking up a Briggs and Stratton 18 HP just for a spare and also another Roots 45 and a Cat Pump (or at least heads for it) and an electric clutch.

Other than that there really is nothing else to replace other than an alternator and starter on the Briggs.'

So for
Briggs $1300
Roots $1800
Cat Pump $600 (?)
Electric Clutch $200 (?)

What's the point of getting a new TM when I am totally happy with the performance and easy or use of what I have now? Especially when the total cost of replacing everything imaginable major component only comes to around $4000. Not only that there isn't a major part on the TM you couldn't remove and replace in under a couple of hours.

According to Les he figures this is the third engine on this TNT and the second Cat. The blower is original with what we are guestimating to be around 15,000 - 20,000 hours on it and its been running filterless it whole life. One things for sure I wouldn't dare run that blower at a different RPM than its been running at its whole life because it would probably kack.

Not in a million years would I consider buying anything but a Judson TM.

I run a Hydracat that runs like a champ. Like the Judson, it is so easy to work on.. I can install a new engine in less than a half hour. I wouldnt want to buy anything I couldnt really work on myself. I would have a hard time dropping $20 grand on a new machine, when it is basically the same as an older unit. Its just an engine powering a blower and a pump. I have propane so it makes it even easier. I have seen so many people drop large amounts of money on new machine just starting out only to go out of business within a year or so.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Bob Foster said:
Pamper me day for my truck and TM. Even the Little Giant got a Brazilian. Now she's even hotter stuff.

I did the maintenance on the LG and forgot you were not supposed to take the jets off the ring. Les said it messes up the threads because the tempering from the heat degrades the brass threads on the jets. I might have got a way with it because they came out easy because the unit is only 4 years old. They threaded back on easily. My bad. Flames are a lot more blue again. Only the second time I have cleaned the burners.

The plugs on my Briggs only last a couple of months before I start to notice changes in how easy the engine starts and how well it runs.

6 town homes tomorrow... Full fuel tanks and loaded for bear....I'm ready. Start at 9 and be done by 4.

So did you find anything in the burner ring?

I have something going on with mine, the flames burn bright blue, but all the way turned up, the best I get is 215 atw. Its a #4.

Perplexed at this point.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I clean my jets out every fall and spring twice a year. On one machine I had to buy a new ring. It kept getting clogged with white stuff. Bad propane or something messed it up. Wow once in 4 years

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Bob Foster

Mine is burning a lot bluer than it was. I had a lot of stuff rattling around in the ring. What I did was beat it with a hammer a bit and then I hooked up my TM vac hose and sucked everything out that I might not have dumped out.

There are some other adjustments you can do but you should contact Les about them. I was told not to fiddle with them so I haven't.

Tomorrow it will be giving it a good workout so I will let you know how much hotter it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom