Maintenance program.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am offering a maintenance program to all clients. I have seen that alot of people will get their carpets cleaned more if its afforable. I use to work at Steemerland a few years ago and they offered the GSC plan. The downside is that the client had to pay all up front, which turned alot of people off. If I remember right the client saved about 20-25% on each visit and they got free protector the first time. The clients on the program always added on extras and kept us busy.
I am a O/O so I am going to offer 25% off within the first 4 month then 15% and then 5%. If its over a year it goes back to regular pricing. I am able to track this and I am gonna call certain clients that need it 1-3 times a year. They are unable to switch rooms and I leave handouts that explain the program and talk to the ones that benifit from it.

Does anyone else have a similar program? I think the % off is fair for the client and me, keeps me busy and saves them money. Plus it give me a chance to do more cleaning like carpet, uph, area rugs, T&G.

:mrgreen:

Raedan

I have thought of doing something along those lines also. I haven't put anything down on paper yet though.
I don't know if 4 months will work maybe 6 with a discount.

Joe

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a program that is tailored after the one taught in SFS. You can get a copy of a obnoxiously long winded letter of how it works by emailing Steve Toburen, or you can let me explain it to ya in Bamaease.

Say you clean for a client and it costs $200. You offer her to clean for her every six months, from that time forward, for a certain amount paid to you per month. That monthly amount can vary depending on how you want to price it. You just make sure that you are saving her a good amount off of what she would normally pay for two cleanings.

In the example of $200 ... she would pay $400 for two cleanings a year. You might tell her that you can give her a full cleaning every six months for $25 per month. That would give YOU a total of $300 a year and save her $100 off the normal total. She gets properly maintained carpets and YOU get $25 a month ... every month.

You HAVE to take it out of her checking by automatic draft or credit card to make this work. No billing!

And ... you HAVE to be at a proper pricing level to begin with for this to work. If you are a low baller, then it won't be profitable for you.

Name
I'm Rick James
Raedan said:
I have thought of doing something along those lines also. I haven't put anything down on paper yet though.
I don't know if 4 months will work maybe 6 with a discount.

Joe

Basically I want then to be able to do it 3 times a year. I dont have alot of clients to offer it to , so I will have to get back to you on the success rate. I just want to try and keep all previous clients. I dont want to rely on them calling me back, they forget to do it, forget your name and use someone else. At Steemer it was a big hit.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Actually that was a pretty "obnoxiously long" post, Mr. Sutley. (However, Marty is to be commended for actually implementing SOMETHING!)

IB

PS Now for those who want a pithy, succint AND accurate description of our SFS residential maintenance plan just e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and put the phrase "Stay Beautiful" in the subject line.

Raedan

Thanks Steve I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Marty, You still can't sit down????

Product_Ointment_12.jpg

Joe

hogjowl

Idiot™
Actually, my rhoids are much better after the trip. The seat on the V is so dang uncomfortable that it cut the circulation off my legs. My ankles swelled up to the size of mellons and my pecker and rhoids srank down to normal size.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Actually, my rhoids are much better after the trip. The seat on the V is so dang uncomfortable that it cut the circulation off my legs. My ankles swelled up to the size of mellons and my pecker and rhoids srank down to normal size.

Sick! Man you're sick! :cry:

Name
I'm Rick James
I just wanna throw this back on top, since many was in Vegas at the time. Is this something you offer, if not why?

Thanks

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I won't do a every 6 month program

3-4 times per year, hallways/traffic pattern

some services are cheaper because we use an encap/op method and mix that in with HWE extractions. Add up the total for the year and bill the customer every month

HWE extractions are usually easier due to the encapping

Name
I'm Rick James
Wow I am suprised that more people dont offer this as part of their company. Seems like a no brainer. There is hugh upside to offering a plan for clients like this. :shock: The carpets cleaner, greater chance of add on, increase cash flow, stay busy and the list goes on. Wow.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have worked for companies that offered residential maintenance programs. They are hard to sell and will never be a big moneymaker. Maintenance programs work allot better for commercial customers. Sending out postcards and following up with a phone call offering a discount to customers if they schedule another appointment within 6 mo. would be more effective. I hope to be able to get a database set up for this type of thing at some point. We should be scheduling cleanings the way dentists do and using the same psychology, always reminding customers of the dangers of skipping cleanings.

Name
I'm Rick James
ACE said:
I have worked for companies that offered residential maintenance programs. They are hard to sell and will never be a big moneymaker. Maintenance programs work allot better for commercial customers. Sending out postcards and following up with a phone call offering a discount to customers if they schedule another appointment within 6 mo. would be more effective. I hope to be able to get a database set up for this type of thing at some point. We should be scheduling cleanings the way dentists do and using the same psychology, always reminding customers of the dangers of skipping cleanings.

I agree its not going to be the holy grail of money makers. But it is a money maker. :wink: I think that is the biggest issue is the program to set it up. Its tougher, but possible if you are doing 1,000's of jobs a year and run a multi truck operation, but for the single O/O it could work quite nicely. I have talk to many people over the years with kids and pets and they said they would do i more if it was more affordable. Not to the point were you loose money. But if your going back 2-3 times a year its easier to clean and doesnt take that much time. Im just gonna set it up that allows them to do it up to 3 times a year, sure many wont clean it that much but its good that the customer has that option. A user freindly service. What kind of discount are you gonna offer with your program?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom