arusupe9.jpg

adenenup.jpg

2a8egege.jpg

jahyzuzu.jpg

zevy3yqu.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Do you think the full headliner will hold up to the moisture in the van?
Never seen it left in a carpet van before.

.... while Peeing into the vacuum hose

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Looks good but I'm partial to spraying everything with the line x or rhino liner

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Do you think the full headliner will hold up to the moisture in the van?
Never seen it left in a carpet van before.

.... while Peeing into the vacuum hose
Water? I worry more about heat. Larry- Are you one of those guys with water pouring out of their vans while they're cleaning?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Just did the van transfer a month or so ago. I do all the carpeted panels for the walls and ceiling along with insulating it. I think the machine install is the easy part. And I was amazed at how easy it is to install in a Ford versus anything I've done before.

Becker

Name
Becker
The machine is on my garage floor, so it will be a challenge getting it into the van.

This will be the 4th van I've went with outdoor ply wood, ( marine grade ) with carpet.
I keep thinks clean and leak free. Works for me..

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Fork Lift for me. My machine is too tall for a cherry picker. Only an inch or two above the machine through the door.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I made a TM stand with adjustable legs and heavy duty wheels just a bit bigger than a 405 footprint. Makes it pretty easy to remove and install the machine for one man.

Hate to get one on the floor, hard to work on, and a cherry picker is a tight fit many times.

Becker

Name
Becker
Pretty sure I'll go with a fork lift.. Like above, I don't think I'll have the clearance for a cherry picker.

Hoping to have it installed by the weekend.

At the latest my goal is to do my 1st job with it by oct 7th.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
When I had a Steamway Legacy, I would pull the machine out for a little sprucing up. So, I would pull the motor and slide the cherry picker in through the front. It worked great every time. I now use it to pull the blowers in and out of my Vortex Trucks. My neighbor next door to my shop has a Fork Lift. I use it to load and unload pallets.

Name
I'm Rick James
Pretty sure I'll go with a fork lift.. Like above, I don't think I'll have the clearance for a cherry picker.

Hoping to have it installed by the weekend.

At the latest my goal is to do my 1st job with it by oct 7th.

Let me know if you need some help getting it in there, I can bring some help.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Water? I worry more about heat. Larry- Are you one of those guys with water pouring out of their vans while they're cleaning?

I worry about water.....nothing of mine leaks but shit does happen...water box float broke on thermal wave and flooded the front of the box...

I just spent the last 3 weekends completely re-doing the van with the 570 in it....took me a bit to figure out a good lay out but managed to neatly fit 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag and still have some room left over.....custom made me a duel hose reel and put everything on live reels......installed a roof vent....very convenient and easy to work out of....took it out for a few cleaning and like working out of it better then my box truck.......

Reactions: Vincent Feehan

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do the plywood floor to gives you a nice smooth surface, before the seats we will screw down a 2x4 to create a dam to keep water frolowing up to the front then spray over everything inches down including the side door openings. Keeps everything from rusting out before you're done with the van.

Fork lift with tilt and side shift will make easy work of installing. Slide a couple of pipes under the unit and you can roll it pretty easily, use a prybar to pull the pipes out when you get it where you want it.

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
I made a TM stand with adjustable legs and heavy duty wheels just a bit bigger than a 405 footprint. Makes it pretty easy to remove and install the machine for one man.

Hate to get one on the floor, hard to work on, and a cherry picker is a tight fit many times.

Lee, can you post some pictures of your stand?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ron K

I don't see many Alum Liner s like Steamway sold anymore I still have one, 20 years old, keeps liquids contained. I thought they had some kind of wheel system under their truck mounts for easy service too.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't see many Alum Liner s like Steamway sold anymore I still have one, 20 years old, keeps liquids contained. I thought they had some kind of wheel system under their truck mounts for easy service too.

I have the aluminum pan in the shop, and a roller system for the Powermatic, sitting in the shop. The roller system was just cool. You could pull the whole machine outside your van and clean, and service everything so easy. When done, push back in.

tngvegas

hey Jim Martin, can you make a video of your van setup when you get a chance? did you use marine plywood wood too, and carpet? or did you have a spray liner put on?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hey Jim Martin, can you make a video of your van setup when you get a chance? did you use marine plywood wood too, and carpet? or did you have a spray liner put on?

I will get some pictures and post them later....Mine is rhino lined.....

Reactions: Jay_wat

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
How do you glue the carpet to the board? Spray adhesive or carpet glue?

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Becker

Name
Becker
Outdoor carpet glue. Notched trowel.. Quick and easy, still holding strong in my 06, I use marine grade plywood. It holds up.

I might try rhino on the next van, hope to get another in Q1 or Q2 of 2014

I don't often keep a van long enough to rust out.

Highest mileage one I've had of the many I've owned. is my current 06 131k

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
Today I trimmed out the interior behind the waste tank, earning me a couple extra inches side to side.

My 405 should fit nicely.

Then the question, do I want an employee to drive newer van and older 405?
Or the older van with the newer thermal wave?

Thinking I will start with the more reliable thermal wave as the employee's wheels.
I can personally trouble shoot the 405 if problems arise, and I'm a skilled talker if I must communicate issues with the client.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
z4IeHFTC4koikwhItpABo2cqNPRMvDBX6DWnkbEhKa8=w366-h205-p-no
vrA14du3boWLrVFl8FdBGtIaZ_g_VCTIpiu7B_8uIf0=w366-h205-p-no

6LroCZ8qjpphtIl8ZS3fJfjsxQzDEwPrsXDxEbt4vz8=w365-h205-p-no

Carpet on the floor is great, Beck! Mine got lined, then bubble foil(insulation), marine mdo/plywood, then outdoor carpet. I put the bubble foil on all the walls and roof. It's cold here!

Back
Top Bottom