Make sure you close your dump valve!

Russ Goddard

I spent the last week fixing a leaking waste tank. Which led to replacing corroded fittings and hoses, etc. I had to pull out the hose reels to get to the tank, take the tank to the welder, take the truck to a machine shop to get the frozen fitting out of the blower housing, replace carpet, find all the right parts and pieces to get it back together again. For a non-mechanic like me, about a week of work to get all this done.

I fired it up this afternoon expecting much improved vacuum. I was dismayed to find very weak suction. I ran around frantically, checking all the new connections and trying to figure out why EVERYTHING I TOUCH SEEMS TO BREAK!

I was contemplating canceling tomorrow's jobs, pissed at this turn of events and wondering how my blower could have gone bad just sitting for a week, when I discovered the reason. You guessed it, the dump valve was open.

DUH!!!

Audra

:lol: Now that's a good one!!! You always think of the worst when its something simple!!!

carl goodson

We will have a pity party for ya. :oops:
just think how really stupid you will feel in ten years when you do it again. :p

John Watson

Chris, tell of the other uses of your Vortex. Its a transformer, At Yasir's a few years back it turned into a screen for the video's.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Don't worry Russ, at least YOU don't get called::

LOVE FINGERS.

Everything I touch, I **** !!

Yep, you guessed it.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Fred Homan

With the dump valve open you would be one of those guys that the customer bitches about that the carpet was wet for 3 days.....I bet you will not do that again.....Helloooooooooooooooooo

Jay D

Name
Jay D
:lol: Needed a laugh today! I am getting ready to pull everything out of my van to redo the interior and paint the EZ this weekend. I'll put the check dumpvalve on my check list. Good for you Russ nothing like redoing the tm to give the feeling of a new van.

Merry Christmas

Mister Sir

P.s. I had a friend borrow my van one day to do a job, I got a call from him saying that my vacuum was terrible. I told him to check all the Tank lid and hoses. As we were talking he said they were all fine then I asked did you check the dump valve LONG SiLEnt Pause, oh the dump valve, I died laughing. :lol:

Rambo

Speaking of Dump Valves, Where do most of you dump/ or pump out your waste water :?:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Mostly at my house into the city sanitary sewer, but probably 25% gets pumped out into the grass when I need to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom