Make your 370 SCREAM!

Name
Jeff T
I’m running my Cleanco @ 3400 RPM’s....
First 50’ 2.5, then 2 all the way to the wand...
She’s a screamer.....

Reactions: Mikey P

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
possibly stupid question as only heat exchange machine I've run is a friends Boxxer 423, but would the smaller hx units benefit with having 50ft of 3/8 off the machine for "bigger resevoir" of hot water?

Name
Jeff T
The amount of water in the hose is so small, I would guess the answer to be no.
More importantly, got to find the balance with flow VS, machine capacity. Running something like thermoplastic would be a better heat saver.
I’m very suprised by the increase just by adding that....
My Cleanco is perfectly happy @ 600 PSI, with an 8 flow....
Maintains 225f all day long.
Don’t know how much it would drop If I ran 2 wands, or 1000 PSI.
I usually cut my heat when doing tile, as I’m scared of blowing my HE.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
The amount of water in the hose is so small, I would guess the answer to be no.
More importantly, got to find the balance with flow VS, machine capacity. Running something like thermoplastic would be a better heat saver.
I’m very suprised by the increase just by adding that....
My Cleanco is perfectly happy @ 600 PSI, with an 8 flow....
Maintains 225f all day long.
Don’t know how much it would drop If I ran 2 wands, or 1000 PSI.
I usually cut my heat when doing tile, as I’m scared of blowing my HE.....
You may be right but 1/4 to 3/8 is increase around 50%? (I'm on metric so its umm err foreign to me 🙂) so surely would make a difference just maybe not for the better??

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
"50ft of 3/8" off machine, bigger reservoir"? You mean 50' of 3/8" solution line first out the machine? Not really IMO on this machine (370). Tried that way back. 50' of any diameter solution is both a delivery piece of hardware and a heat sink all at same time.

Sapphire must have thought out the following. There's a finite amount of BTU's coming out the exhaust ports on a 20hp kohler. It is what it is. They kept the exhaust manifold pretty darn short to begin with (fuc.. up choice of flex joint in my opinion) and the path from the suppressor inlet to first contact with the coils is as short I'm sure as is reasonably possible. For those that don't know, the water box of the 370 encompasses the heater coil cavity. I hope I'm describing that well enough. I'll skip the part where the box is pressurized cause for this spew it doesn't matter. The water box nicely heat soaks and after a good warm up period and starting to clean the whole darn assemble (silencer/suppressor, outer shell of water box and all the other heated parts that could effect the water) kind of develop and balance of heat buildup, transfer and loss all at the same time. Probably like every other heat exchanger machine.

In the past I've done a ton of flow/volume measurements with 2 different gas fired pressure washer heaters. I'm "ballparking" the 20hp kohler in the 370 at about 140k-160k BTU's, perhaps just a scosh less at or close to max RPM. So it's all about BTU management with gas engine heat/exchanger rigs which includes probably most everything but a rig powered with a chevy V-8.

Mikes management sytle of the 370 is spot on. Ya gotta learn yer machine (any machine) and maximize what it can and can't do. Recovery time/secs is never wasted on dry stroking. Unless of course you're a franchise cleaner thinking of the days hopeless schedule or one of the many cheesedi.. endless supply of owner operators. The only thing I do slightly different is I don't use my 370 to prespray. I use a batt sprayer and at one particular point of setting up my hoses I fire up the machine and heat up at fully blocked off. Seems to work and I bust up my routine often so I don't go crazy on the job.

There's 5-8 degrees of additional solution temp I'll give you a hint about (with no engineering road maps so don't ask), and it's just being wasted on probably most every slide in machine. For those that turn their nose up at 5 degrees then walk on by. However, there's 5 degrees conservatively coming out the machines exhaust exit. I capture mine with a unique, long exchanger coil placed in my not-factory exhaust exit. Zero back pressure and with approx 40 ft. of 3/8 stainless tubing. And I know in my gut there's more then even 8 degrees but I can't afford (or justify) engineered copper finned coiling to stuff in place of my affordable stainless set up. For me the 370 is a darn good chose for a 1 cleaner operation even without my post heat exhanger.

Mikey P

Administrator
Excellent comments and observations Scott.

I tried the IPS/ WORX pre spray methods but the volume just wasn't to my liking. I know many get enough inconsistencies from inline sprayers that they give up but I've rarely ever had that issue. The fix is always an easy one.

The narrow footprint, low noise and big company backing of the 370 makes it a total winner for resi owner ops, who aren't idiots.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think having the 50 ft. of 3/8 hose won't cool down quite as fast as 1/4 inch. Don't know if you will notice the difference. I have tried all of the battery/electric sprayers and like the hydroforce much better. When I am using my little cds unit in my astro van, I clean much like Mikey. My water is usually hot when I arrive as it heats while driving. Although it reaches 205 degrees, because it is only a 4.3 litre engine, it doesn't maintain it very well. I usually start in the middle of the room and work toward the wall, then dry stroke back to the middle and do the other side. If you try to do the entire width of a large room, you will run out of heat. I would have no problem buying a 370. I agree with Mikey that for an owner/operator, it's all you need, unless you are doing large commercial.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Mikey P

Administrator
boy this room whicked back on me something fierce. Pee Pee galore..

I probably should have used the 360i like I did the last time..

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I'm just about a year with my worx sprayer. I see my hydro-force in the truck but it gets passed by. Ok, so the worx spray nozzle assemble is truly useless out-of-the-box. The fan setting is horizontal to begin with (not adjustable to vertical) and produces much more "mist" then I care to produce while laying down prespray. I never used it. Instead I use a white pressure washer tip. They fit right on the worx quick disconnect. All the pressure washer tips come in color codes. The white ones produce the widest fan. Tried different orifice's until I found one that layed out a good amount of solution without a lot of mist.

This is the sprayer tank I use. https://www.gardenersedge.com/precision-spray-equipment-rechargeable-5-gallon-sprayer/p/5RSS/ I didn't purchase it there and certainly not for $189.00 I got my on sale at an online farm supply for $79. The pump lasted almost 1 year. Perfect because I really just wanted the tank assemble. The outlet of the tank has male garden hose threads. I have literally beat the crap out of the tank/wheels and handle assemble, it just won't break.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'm thinking of buying another TM in next 6 months and looking at the 423 vs 370 this stage, I see both as having enough for most residential jobs

Will probably put my predator into a trailer for backup, for the few greasy restaurants I do I could always put 1 of my LG inline for extra heat if needed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom