Man we got ambushed Yesterday

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A fast moving storm passed through Topeka, it ripped up trees and broke off limbs and dumped a bunch of rain in a short time. They estimated 50-70 mile an hour winds that knocked down power lines all over town. They even closed several of the rural high schools and a couple of city middle schools because they had no power.
We started get calls right away for WDR, had a dozen residential jobs and this one bigger loss for the Air Guard.
Part of the roof was torn away and flooded 3-floors were affected. Security was to the max. They had to do a personal background check and inspect the trucks before they would even let us on the property. It took an hour to do the background check and inspect the trucks before we could even do any work.
Good job though, we left 75-air movers and 16-Drizair 2000’s, lots of wet drywall on second and first floor and bags and bags of wet ceiling tiles.
So the crews will go back this AM, because they locked the place up tight at 7:00.
Oh well the majority of the hard work is done. Here are some pictures I took with my phone.

It's HURRY UP and wait, we were there to help two crews that had been there most of the afternoon.
IMG_20110819_151400.jpg

They had to inspect each truck inside and out.
IMG_20110819_152918.jpg

Up 48- steps to the third floor, the elavators were out so we had to carry 20 pieces to the top and 40 to the second floor at least the main was just rolling them in.
IMG_20110819_160433.jpg

Flightline at Forbes Field.
IMG_20110819_171706.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ponyboy Curtis said:
A fast moving storm passed through Topeka, it ripped up trees and broke off limbs and dumped a bunch of rain in a short time. They estimated 50-70 mile an hour winds that knocked down power lines all over town. They even closed several of the rural high schools and a couple of city middle schools because they had no power.
We started get calls right away for WDR, had a dozen residential jobs and this one bigger loss for the Air Guard.
Part of the roof was torn away and flooded 3-floors were affected. Security was to the max. They had to do a personal background check and inspect the trucks before they would even let us on the property. It took an hour to do the background check and inspect the trucks before we could even do any work.
Good job though, we left 75-air movers and 16-Drizair 2000’s, lots of wet drywall on second and first floor and bags and bags of wet ceiling tiles.
So the crews will go back this AM, because they locked the place up tight at 7:00.
Oh well the majority of the hard work is done. Here are some pictures I took with my phone.

It's HURRY UP and wait, we were there to help two crews that had been there most of the afternoon.
IMG_20110819_151400.jpg

They had to inspect each truck inside and out.
IMG_20110819_152918.jpg

Up 48- steps to the third floor, the elavators were out so we had to carry 20 pieces to the top and 40 to the second floor at least the main was just rolling them in.
IMG_20110819_160433.jpg

Flightline at Forbes Field.
IMG_20110819_171706.jpg

An HOUR is NOT that bad..."THats alot of GREEN CARD'S to check... :shock: ".... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

They let the cAuCaUsIn crews in after 7:00..... :mrgreen: "rAcIsT bAsTuRd's"..... shiteatinggrin

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ponyboy Curtis said:
I knew someone was going to say something. I just didn't know it would be you Harper! :mrgreen:

IT had to be ME...."Because...YOU are my ONLY freind WYATT"... :oops:

We are fAmiLY NOW.... :shock:

I Have a lAtinO nurse NOW....papi..!

101049348P.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Up 48- steps to the third floor, the elavators were out so we had to carry 20 pieces to the top and 40 to the second floor
IMG_20110819_160433.jpg

"we" ???

That camera fOne must of been a real chore for you to carry up those steps.... :shock:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I carried two my first trip up and then fireman line helped with the others, helped carry up one one dehumidifer and then thought I better help off loading the trucks before they had to carry me away on a stretcher. :oops:

It about killed me.

I kept think I've made fun of Bawb all these years and then I get taken away in the ambulance. :shock:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ponyboy Curtis said:
I carried two my first trip up and then fireman line helped with the others, helped carry up one one dehumidifer and then thought I better help off loading the trucks before they had to carry me away on a stretcher. :oops:

It about killed me.

I kept think I've made fun of Bawb all these years and then I get taken away in the ambulance. :shock:

:twisted: :twisted: :lol:

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
For a company that gets some nice size (lucrative) losses I would think you average invoice would be well above $2500-$3000.

P.S. next time you go to a highly secure facility wear Muslim garb, you will likely get waved right through!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Glad you got some nice jobs from that storm. I was out driveing in that nasty crap Thursday night praying that my phone would not blow up with WDR calls. I did not get one call, thank God. 8) You can have them all. I sleep much better at night without the drama of restoration work.

F

FB7777

Leave it to the Air Guard to hold you up on restoring their building and contents for an inspection :roll:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin those are average for residential. Commercial might be double? I don't really keep track anymore, just off the top of my head. This month for instance in commercial we had a hotel that was 30 and this that will be around 25, BUT a bunch in the 2-5 range that will bring that average way down.

Heck I'm not wearing that, I'm lucky I got in as it was. :mrgreen:

Mike this work is nothing but bad hours. 3-crews spent all day working yesterday. It always seems to happen at nigh and on weekends. :shock:

Fred they called us to get right over they had an "emergency". They did have assault rifes slung around their necks no no funny business. there is also two walls built into the road that come up at a push of a button.

Ed shorts? Now how professional would that look. I mean you're in an accident and they take you in the operating room and there is the surgeon and he's wearing shorts. Do you have any confidence in him? No I didn't think so. :p LOL Seriously we've talked about it but have not ever decided on anything. They do have Dri-fit shirts and the cargo pants they wear are cut loose around the leg so there are cooler than standard uniform pants.

Mike it did it back to hot and with the rains now humid. Hate working in this weather, just nasty. Oh well it will be winter too soon for me. :x

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ponyboy Curtis said:
Ed shorts? Now how professional would that look. I mean you're in an accident and they take you in the operating room and there is the surgeon and he's wearing shorts. Do you have any confidence in him? No I didn't think so. :p LOL Seriously we've talked about it but have not ever decided on anything. They do have Dri-fit shirts and the cargo pants they wear are cut loose around the leg so there are cooler than standard uniform pants.

Couldn't agree with you more. My uniforms are exactly the same, 100% polyester, the drifit type of clothing makes a huge difference, that's all I wear to work and the gym.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom