Mapai pre mixed grout problem..

Mikey P

Administrator
does anyone have any experience with getting this stuff off I'll get more pictures soon but she says it's all over the floor this is one example she gave me of it just overflowing out of the grout line..

IMG953082.jpgIMG953081.jpg

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I am assuming that it has at least dried if not cured. In trying to remove that grout on that tile, the coloring on that tile may come off. It is a weathered woodgrain tile correct?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

revitalize

Name
adrian
Flexcolor CQ is Luxury Vinyl Tile Grout; Here is the removal directions from Shaw's technical department for LVT grout;

Dried on Grout Haze Removal for groutable LVT ( use only for Array Grout and not another manufacturer's brand):
  1. Remove grout haze with water or a solution of ¼ cup (100ml) Bright N Easy Polish Remover or household ammonia, mixed with 1 gallon (3.78L) of water.
  2. Apply a moderate amount of the solution over a small section and allow it to remain about 30 seconds.
  3. Use a clean 3M (WHITE) pad to loosen the grout haze. Rinse with fresh water and buff with a soft, dry terry cloth towel.
You can be more aggressive with porcelain from a scratching stand point. Finally all of the different flooring companies are using the same grout marketed under their own brand, in this instance Array, they are all made in the same factory with different labels.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
no fun. The wood trick is what I use. When I bought my house there was some shoddy grout work that needed some love. Looked a lot like your OP pic.

Reactions: Mikey P

Condog

Name
Tony

Mikey P

Administrator
Flexcolor CQ is Luxury Vinyl Tile Grout; Here is the removal directions from Shaw's technical department for LVT grout;

Dried on Grout Haze Removal for groutable LVT ( use only for Array Grout and not another manufacturer's brand):
  1. Remove grout haze with water or a solution of ¼ cup (100ml) Bright N Easy Polish Remover or household ammonia, mixed with 1 gallon (3.78L) of water.
  2. Apply a moderate amount of the solution over a small section and allow it to remain about 30 seconds.
  3. Use a clean 3M (WHITE) pad to loosen the grout haze. Rinse with fresh water and buff with a soft, dry terry cloth towel.
You can be more aggressive with porcelain from a scratching stand point. Finally all of the different flooring companies are using the same grout marketed under their own brand, in this instance Array, they are all made in the same factory with different labels.
Golden, thank you!

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I walked away from a job where the homeowner had tried to grout their own porcelain after paying a pro to "just install the tiles, ill grout it".. idiot trying to save money

He grouted the new bathroom floor using way too much and left lumps of grout to dry all over the place.. I came and looked at it several days later and it was literally concrete at that point. You would never get it off without lots of scraping and destroying the tile

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom