Marble floors

Jamesh921

Name
James
In our neck of the woods motel work goes pretty cheap BUT, you can still make money at it. For example, cleaning motel rooms goes from $10-$15 per room around here.

So now I have a motel owner who wants me to give him a price to clean the marble floors in the lobby and one hall. Total square footage is about 850. My question is; what price could I charge and "realistically" expect the get the account?

dgargan

Wow $10- $15 per room is pretty good for motels. Mr Patel will only pay $6 - $8 around here. I love telling them it will be $20 for open areas and $25 if we move the chairs and night stands. That long silence afterwards is priceless.

S

sam miller

But wait there's more if You kick the price lower, He'll refer You to his whole family of cheap sons a bitchs

Someone will be along shortly to provide a real answer. The real queation should be risk reward and can You do it and make money regardless of what they want to pay?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm surprised you guys are even able to get an offer from motels.

I hit a motel yesterday, and hit about 6 in one day last month trying to solicit some business.

I kid you not, every one of them around here said that they have thier own machine, and that they clean their own carpets. thathurts

Jamesh921

Name
James
But wait there's more if You kick the price lower, He'll refer You to his whole family of cheap sons a bitchs

You got that right. When they tell me that, I always respond by telling them that they must pay full price on the first-time service. Discounts kick in on future work.

I'm surprised you guys are even able to get an offer from motels.

I hit a motel yesterday, and hit about 6 in one day last month trying to solicit some business.

I kid you not, every one of them around here said that they have thier own machine, and that they clean their own carpets.

There's still a market around here. Some do have their own machines, but in-house cleaning usually gets abandoned after some bad results or machine breakdowns.

I wrote up the estimates for the carpet in 3 motels last night. Whether we get them or not is....well..... we'll see what happens. But, I still need an idea of what to charge for the marble in the lobby.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Multiply how long it will take you i.e. number of hours by how much you need to make per hour and you'll have your answer.

We can't see the condition of the floor. We can't know the abilities of your equipment and/or your abilities for that matter.

Charge them what you'd charge anybody else because marble is still a limited service area, meaning not everyone can do it so charge what it's worth.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Be sure that you and your potential client understand the difference between cleaning a floor and polishing or whatever other maintenance may be necessary. The price for cleaning is not the price for restoring, sealing and polishing a marble floor.

Jamesh921

Name
James
No Monkey pads.

No polishing involved. Grout lines are the main concern, the marble still looks great. It's just the collection of daily soil that mopping doesn't remove.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom