Marketing to realtors

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I haven't targeted realtors nearly as much as I should. For those of you who have marketing materials geard towards realtors, what's in the handout package?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Of all the things that we have done the coffee mugs have out done everything.............

Every office has coffee pots so we had a bunch of mugs made up and Tia made the little candy packets with our business card and we dropped of 10 to 12 mugs to a bunch of offices in our target area.......a few cleaning and the mugs were paid for.........we are still getting calls from them

th_100_1698.jpg
click on picture

(this should be in the $12.95 room)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Must constantly KISS their ass and if you don't give a cheap price they just go down their list of other cleaners who will do it cheaper.

Remember that 90% of agents are part time.

And the upper 10% are the scum bags.

And look for the illegal immigrants to come in and take that avenue of work away from you because they will do it for peanuts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL

as close as I am to the border that is one area we don't have illegal problems...........

now we do have the few that are only looking for the cheaper cleaner but if you will find that in anyone any any where. But for the foremost we don't have that problem that often..........

What may be a waste of time to some may work for others..

we don't make a killing off of them but we do gain alot of new clients, referrals, and like I stated above we are still getting calls for Realtors from them......

Jimbo

I get a ton of work from real estate agents that have been referring me for years. I go out of my way to meet their schedule...for either a closing or a showing. Some who have sent a lot of jobs every year never pay for carpet cleaning at their own house. - Jim

Kevin

I have 2 good real estate agents. All others I have worked for I have refused to work for again.

I don't know what the average amount of sales per month they have but I do know the National average for Car Sales is less than 10 per month. A lot more cars are sold than houses. So keep that in mind when reading numbers on message boards.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have at least a dozen or more that use and refer me religiously.

All were added to my fan club through word of mouth reputation.

Love em.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I would go with sippy cups instead of coffee cups. The last realtors office I did had coffee droppings in all 40 offices.

I've got a few realtors that use me, but they don't send me truckloads of work. One every 3 months or so per realtor.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Realtors need educating, so do the property owners

Educate the realtors that by having their properties cleaned to a standard, by a certified professional, will prolong the life of the carpet for the owners.

I have found that this method will work if you are persistent.

By restoring stuffed carpets at my price, I have overcome most of the objections.

Most carpet cleaning money is taken out of the previous tenants bond, not the realtors slush fund.

Once the realtor is convinced that you are actually saving them money, the rest is easy.

They recommend you, and also tell the tenant that if they get another cleaner and the job is not up to scratch, it will be cleaned again, and the money taken from their bond.

There are still exceptions to this, in as much as there are still those realtors that want a bite of your bill.

I tell them to stick it and get someone else.

Cheers,

Shorty.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm with Mike and Jim Williams. Realtors were an excellent way to build a good residential referral business. The key is to go to the neighborhoods you WANT to work in, look at the For Sale signs, pick out the top listing agents and focus on them.

I never focused on the whole office, just key agents that were strong in the markets I wanted to work in.

Make sure if you are doing an empty to leave a pile of cards on the counter. Other agents showing the house ALWAYS look at the cards left there and that is how you get the BUYER agents in those areas.

Take care,
Lisa

G

Dirk, you have to be shitting me! Here is rule number one:

1. Get out and talk to them.

Want my top secret rule #2?

Secret rule 2: Get out and talk to them.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
All I have ever dropped off are business cards. One of the realty offices has a desk where various businesses leave their cards. All geared to the new homeowner... cleaning, interior design, etc.

Like the idea of the coffee cups, that must be effective.

G

Find the best realtors in your area and market to them. How can you help them specifically? That's what they want to know......how can you help them sell homes faster, thereby making them more money.

There will always be cheap realtors or scammers, just like there are cheap and scamming carpet cleaners. Show class and a top notch business and go after realtors with those same qualities.

Bob Foster

I don't know if it has been tried but when a realtor is attempting to list property then as part of his listing package that he is offering the homeowner there could be some promotional material and a "deal" for carpet and upholstery work. This makes the realtors listing package look better. Listing is a competition amongst realtors in my area.

G

Call me tomorrow and

I will tell you the name of the person who has mastered that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom