Marketing vs. technical know how

lance

During the first three to five years in business, would you like to be better in marketing your business or better in technical side of cleaning carpets? When starting up your business should you be a great marketeer of carpet cleaning or a great cleaner who needs to market?

Since it's called carpet cleaning, I think the highest priority should be to become the best cleaner you CHOOSE to be and then shift into high gear for the marketing of your skill. I feel that if you can outclean the competition and have good customer service skills, then your customers will be happy and give you referrels. If you market really well but can't clean as well as the competition then you probably will have to market even more to stay ahead.

What do you say?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you have enough money to support yourself while you're learning to clean carpets every once in a while then cleaning is important.

If you don't have anyone to clean because of your sub-par marketing skills then you won't stay in business long.

You have to have some skill in both to get started.

Me,
If I can clean decent but have pro marketing skills then I will profit enough to hire a Master Tech to get all the referrals and repeat business.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Great marketer for sure. Anyone can learn how to clean but of course you should have some education. Forget the outclean my competition thing. Most customers can't tell much difference from one decent guy to another. If you're friendly and got half a brain you'll learn how to clean.

Albert

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I think if you look at Stanley you will answer your own question.

Marketing runs the world.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Marketing by far!!!

The best cleaner in the world will go broke if no one knows about them.

This is just sales and service. Don't forget that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom