Masks

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We have them ready and are willing to wear if required or needed, but they are a pita! Some places make absolute sense like nursing homes. For residential, I would leave it up to the techs to decide if they felt able to clean with a mask. I understand people's rights to have those in their homes do as told, but I also have to look out for the well being of my techs and if it means leaving money on the table I will do so. I do believe they help prevent spreading the virus, but in our line of work they can cause heat exhaustion to the wearer. Walking around a grocery store is one thing, doing physical labor and going in and out of homes during the summer in TN is another thing. It is mandatory that my techs wear them while dealing with the customer unless the customer says not too at which point it is up to the tech.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
Lee Stockwell
I am still avoiding occupied cleaning. Jon and Justin do those on a case by case basis. I keep a cloth mask that my wife made me around my neck when I go out the front door. I always wear it when near other people.

If Jon needs help on a job I always take a 2nd vehicle. We did that this morning doing 2 houses for a property mgt company.

That's our new normal until next April, I think, when a vaccine might be available.

We are running at 70% of normal and can easily keep doing this.

F

FB7777

We wear masks about 50% of the time

I ALWAYS ask before entering the home ...: with a mask around my neck already

It’s a PITA but respectful,

YRMV

Companies are being forced to take extraordinary measures to comply opening their businesses

the least we can do is wear a mask when requested to do so

I just cleaned a house of a guy I’ve coached with for years and thought he was joking that he would like me to wear a mask

apparently he has severe asthma and bronchial issues that he doesn’t let people know about

you never know who is battling what

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I will take it a step further. Like some of you, we require all our people to wear a mask in the presence of others, either in a customer's home or in our plant, offices and drop off locations.

We also require the customer's that interact with the crews in the home to also have a mask on... for our crew's safety. We have had only one customer push back on that in the last 2 weeks since we started back cleaning occupied homes. And that customer relented when we told her we would cancel the appointment. It's about making our employees feel safe and looking out for their well being.

The County our offices and cleaning plant make us take every employee's temperatures before they start work every morning too. We are doing our best to comply with all the government mandated steps.

Is is a pain, you betcha!!! Do I want any of our crews infected or to infect our customers, no way!!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Here come all the carpet cleaning medical research scientists

You dont need to be CC medical rocket scientist to read up that the avg vaccination for a novel viruses is about 4-8 years to produce... That best case scenario.

Reactions: steve_64

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I am still avoiding occupied cleaning. Jon and Justin do those on a case by case basis. I keep a cloth mask that my wife made me around my neck when I go out the front door. I always wear it when near other people.

If Jon needs help on a job I always take a 2nd vehicle. We did that this morning doing 2 houses for a property mgt company.

That's our new normal until next April, I think, when a vaccine might be available.

We are running at 70% of normal and can easily keep doing this.

I'm with you on this Lee. We're probably the same age. I'm doing residentials on a case by case basis. All are customers of mine. We go through the walk through, and they go to another area of the house, which is just normal everyday reactions with my custys. Still doing many rentals/emptys.

steve_64

You dont need to be CC medical rocket scientist to read up that the avg vaccination for a novel viruses is about 4-8 years to produce... That best case scenario.
And I'm seeing numbers that only 10 percent of the population are testing positive. My step son has testedoisitive but his live in girlfriend and others are negative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom