Matrix Juice

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How effective is the entire line?

A few products I want and others I can bag?

I am getting a free sample of Matrix Grand Slam and Fragrance Free Grand Slam.

I don't like the idea of switching my Chem line to anything but BridgePoint or Prochem, because I am framiliar with both lines.

I don't want to bug Jon-Don for a sample of Everything either, because we are still not sure if we will switch to Jon-Don, and don't want to waste their money.

As it sits now, on bulk orders, it looks like there is a potential to save $500.00 on a $4,000.00 order. I guess it just depends on how the bulk discounts end up working out.

Some of the items we have set up in a bulk order will last us a whole year though. 16 gal of 9-D-9 makes 1024 Gallons of RTU. That'll get us through 6 or 7 months if we get a lot of fires, a year if not.

Milgo QGC will also get us 1024 gallons of RTU, which is at least 2 months of flood work.

(No i'm not 100% on the dilution, I generally stick to cleaning carpets and upholstery and only assist on damage restoration.)

Wow... I just hijacked my own thread I think.... That's gotta be first.

:shock:

TimP

You shouldn't be using that much microban doing floods unless you don't get there for days or there is a pre-exhisting condition. And even then you need to have the home owner sign off on use of antimicrobials. The use of carpet cleaners is the prefered method of cleaning the carpet if you're worried about the possibility of mold. Just like when you take a shower you don't use antimicrobials but soap and water but when you got some bacteria/mold funk then maybe.

As far as the matrix grand slam goes I've heard it's just as good as the prochem/bridgpoint juice. Hell I've heard it's better. Every chem company does about the same and if you're that curious and can save the some money just poney up the money to buy some of each and figure it out for yourself (the savings like you said will pay for the sampling). Everyone has different conditions of soil and water hardness so not all products work the same from coast to coast.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
For an example to Tim's post... We have been using grandslam and love the results we get for our conditions here in Illinois.. However the 02 system does not seam to remove as much of the general soil.. my guess is that its formulated around the red clay soil more prevalent in the southern states. However, Grandslam doesn't hold a candle to the ability to mitigate odor and pet stains than O2 system so... we have both and use accordingly.. Same goes with just about every matrix product vs competitior.. Each has its strengths and weakness. Understanding the products and using them effecitively is the important issue. Does it save us money to use the matrix products over a name brand.. Yes.. Do they work as effectivley.. 90% of time.. 50 to 60% of the time more effective. What I like about Jon-Don. On most of the carpet cleaning chemicals we order, if we purchase more than $350.00, we get free shipping. And its always there next day if I order b4 5:00pm unless they are out of stock.. And that has only happened a few times. They carry a wide range of products other than Matrix Brand such as Chemspec, Prochem, KleenRite, CTI, Hydramaster,Chemeister to name a few. And they support all the products they carry. What I dislike.. they do not carry many high performance accessories such as cool Cuffs, or 2.5 hose, nor do they carry the masterblend rug products. However they have provided us great service, great products on a consistant bases. And that is whats important to us.. If your supplier can:

1. Provide quality products in a timely manner
2. Provide excellent and personal service to help you utilize the products.
3. Provide opportunities for networking, marketing, training and educating.
4. Do all of these consistantly.

Then stick with the supplier that works for you.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
TimP said:
You shouldn't be using that much microban doing floods unless you don't get there for days or there is a pre-exhisting condition.

We have proper paperwork and documentation on every single job.

We have ten people doing floods around the clock, and unfortunately, when it storms here in montana, everybody who thought they didn't have a crack in their foundation finds out it just hasn't rained that much in the past 7 years. About 12 hours into each storm we have 40 houses on our waiting list. So does every reputable company in town. Fortunately we have the man-power and equipment to handle those in a timely manner... However not timely enough to negate the need of anti-microbial agents.

What the exact procedure and protocal is on this type of work... I don't know. I am not a flood technician. Whenever asked questions about it I just explain why I'm not allowed to give an answer and refer the customer to somebody who can. I'm not going to put the company in jeopardy answering questions I am not qualified to answer. An IICRC water damage technician handles that for our company. All jobs are overseen by an RIA Certified Restorer though the NIDR.

It's crazy watching some of that flood work. We will come to a 2000 sq. ft basement with furniture floating in it, hook up the whacker, drain it out... From the time the standing water is removed to the time all the carpet is extracted, pad removed and equipment set up- 1-2 hours and on to the next.

It's just unreal.

You call, 45 minutes later there is a crew at your door. 3 hours later they are gone. Under two weeks and you're put back together like it never happened. I have the privelege of working with some amazing talented professionals.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Shawn Abbey said:
Prochem makes the Grand Slam - both the fragrance and the fragrance free. I just switched and am saving a few dollars.

Is that true or just a convenient rumor? Jeff said all he could tell me is that it is similar to products I am framiliar with and it is made by a chemical manufacturor for them.

And! -- I know R.J. Reynolds and Phillip Morris make a lot of other off brands of cigarettes... But they aren't the same in content or flavor as Camel and Marlboro.

M

Mark Imbesi

Gary, I replied to your previous post "Honest input needed on these products" dated 10-24-08...

..."When I was cleaning HWE pre 2004, I was very happy with the Matrix line. I used, everyday, their spotting kit exclusively, Grand Slam pretreat w. All Fiber Rinse for carpet, Outset pretreat w. All fiber Rinse for upholstery, Urine Pre-Conditioner followed w. Bottom Line for pet stain/odor. My clients LOVED the free bottle of Spot Out! Though I never tried Apple Fresh, I have had good success with Matrix's other scents. The Matrix Soil filtration Remover was awesome the one time it was needed, but it needs to be rinsed aggressively. My protector of choice then was Dupont Teflon.

Jon Don, Langhorne, PA is a hour from me and I was always treated very well."

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yes. Thank you for your input. It has been noted. I understand people who use castrol GTX have happy customers too. I am looking for somebody who has used prochem or bridgepoint and switched.

Your input is noted and so far one of the main reasons I am leaning towards a switch.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Just demoed it today. Did not like the smell. Can't really say how well it worked because it was an old trashed brown nylon smashed flat with no pad stapled to the sub-floor. It looked better, but I don't know of any juice that can fix those problems.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yeah, and it just reminds me of when I used to run UltraPac Trafficlean and cough and choke, and snooty old ladies making comments "loudly under their breath" about how they can't believe somebody would spray something that smelled like that and in somebodies home.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
As it sits now, on bulk orders, it looks like there is a potential to save $500.00 on a $4,000.00 order. I guess it just depends on how the bulk discounts end up working out.

So you going to give us a chance to see what we can do for you before you go running off to Jon Don?

1. Provide quality products in a timely manner
2. Provide excellent and personal service to help you utilize the products.
3. Provide opportunities for networking, marketing, training and educating.
4. Do all of these consistently.

Then stick with the supplier that works for you.

Well put.

I think our history with your company falls into all four of those statements. I didn't know Marty was so unhappy with our service and prices that he'd take the bulk of his business elsewhere. Do you have any insight on where we need to improve? Or is it based only on price?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm still knee deep in this, but it looks like we'll save $1,000 on a $4,000 bulk order... There must be something wrong though... I've got to go through it line by line but I've been busy.

Now with all the time I've spent working this thing up I almost have to go through Jon-Don just to pay my labor for researching it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom