Mattress Cleaning

CapeCleaner

I searched and read through all the past threads on this topic so this one is to get some current info.

How many are really pushing this service and with how much success? What is the hook? Allergens?

Going prices?

What type of tool do you use? Regular upholstery tool or more along the lines of the Drimaster?

Do you provide this service as a stand-alone or only in conjunction with carpet cleaning?

What do you do with the mattress/box spring (do you even bother with the box spring?) with regard to drying and placing them back on the bed frame? I can see this part of the process as being a problem; especially if this is a stand-alone service.

Any other advice or recommendations?

Thanks

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've managed to get a few sales of Anti-Allergen cleaning and treatments from people who have pet allergies but nothing in the area of mattress cleaning much to my disappointment. Afterall, I fell for the whole "untapped market, make a ton of money" crap hook, line and sinker. I think there are several reasons for peoples apprehension.

First, I don't think people like the idea of you tearing their bed apart.. too personal.
Second, really is a niche market and most people have been brain-washed by the pharmaceutical industry that asthma and allergies can and should be controled by taking a pill. If MasterBlend could get or do more clinical studies, testimonials etc.. then it would give cleaners more fire-power when it comes to being able to back up what we're selling.
Third, it's really expensive. MB's Allergy Relief Treatment is over $50 a gallon. The look on some of the people's faces when I've quoted what it would cost said it all.... "I'll just live with my allergies and my inhaler".

Maybe it's just been the customers I've talked to. I've heard there are cleaners that only do Allergy Relief Cleaning and are doing very well but I'm sure it took a while to get where they are today.
I know a cleaner a couple towns over from me says he does a lot of mattress cleanings. When I listened to him talk about mattress cleaning at a Jasper training he seemed to know a lot about his process, routine, how he talks to clients about it, so I believe him. He's got it on the side of his van and he cleans carpets at a mattress store too. So maybe that's how he's been able to make in-roads in that market.

Larry B said:
The hook is to get a very nasty looking picture of a dust mite and show them whats in their bed.

Scare tactics can work too!!! :lol:

Good luck.

Walt

I think the Anti Allergen thing is a little over hyped. A good thorough cleaning would be the best bet and cheaper too.

Regular prespray with oxygen. Bac Out or Quatalot for urine. Rinse with stair tool. Leave on edge. Takes less than ten minutes.

Only do it on request. 15-30 a side if I'm in or near the room. No guarantees for urine removal - can be very difficult if there is tons of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom