Maybe you can go grab a cup of coffee,she says

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Show up for my 1st appointment today. No answer at the door, 1st phone number is disconnected. Call the 2nd number and get the customer.
"Hi. This is john with HCCC, we have a 9am appointment."
"Oh sorry my personal assistant was to meet you. Let me call her and get back to you."
Meanwhile a ViP is texting me-- john my dog pee'd again, need your help.
"Lmk see how my day goes and ill get back to you."
9am customer calls back-- " yeah there was a miscommunication, my PA is in Oakland and cant get there yet--- Maybe you can go grab a cup of coffee or something for an hour."
"Sorry, im fully booked and my schedule doesn't afford the the luxury of enjoying a cup of coffee for an hour. I wont be able to service you until February 18th."

So she hired someone else. Thank god.
I was stressing all week about today. Totally overbooked, luckily 2 appointments disappeared.
I can see why airlines over booked..

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Whats the connection?

If i were to over book, id still have a full day, when people flake or forget to save parking for us.
One of my guys took a leave of absence, and once returned, decided to drop to part time and work or Ober because of his frustration when people failed to respect our time. As an owner, i always have other things to do, so i dont mind so much when a day falls apart.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
it was jus on the news.....
this fat lady reqired 3 SEATS for her large ass butt
and there was a riot on the plane

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
People losing track and forgetting commitments is getting to be a worse problem. I don't know if its that they are becoming more inconsiderate (likely), or so time stressed and overcommitted they forget (a nice excuse, but likely the first).

My health care provider sends me texts to confirm appointments. I confess there have been times I would have forgotten (yes, I'm inconsiderate).

A guy who runs an "upscale auto mechanic shop" (if you can imagine such a place, he has it) has found that people don't return calls about repair estimates, even job completions, but rapidly respond to texts.

Maybe there is a place to do something like that to prevent this kind of frustrating and expensive issue with customers.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I've been moving away from residential. Commercial is way better if you don't mind working evenings and weekends.
Yes, to the above plus your customers get out of the way and are far less demanding. But of course, you should be very customer and job oriented.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve_64

rick imby

Name
Rick
People losing track and forgetting commitments is getting to be a worse problem. I don't know if its that they are becoming more inconsiderate (likely), or so time stressed and overcommitted they forget (a nice excuse, but likely the first).

My health care provider sends me texts to confirm appointments. I confess there have been times I would have forgotten (yes, I'm inconsiderate).

A guy who runs an "upscale auto mechanic shop" (if you can imagine such a place, he has it) has found that people don't return calls about repair estimates, even job completions, but rapidly respond to texts.

Maybe there is a place to do something like that to prevent this kind of frustrating and expensive issue with customers.

I have a bit of a contrary view. My experience was the truly busy organized never miss appointments, it is the not so busy always behind, never get it done crowd that always has an excuse why they forgot or just did not get to it.

Reactions: J20770

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The PA for this lady called and scheduled with me again. :biggrin:
Must be my OCD passion working for me. Ive been getting called "The Rug whisper" by a few high end clients.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton

Have an sms template setup and text them the day before

I feel your frustration

🤔🙄😳

Reactions: Papa John
Back
Top Bottom