Maybe.......

Chris A

Name
Chris
Interesting having the panel in the cab. Is the company still in bidness?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The machine is a complete rebuild with a few hundred hours, the truck needs some money thrown at it for sure. JEM's are built by a local guy named Jim Miller , lots of them on the road here. Blues Brother Watson has one and loves it. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, so a little drive to the country after work wouldn't be the worst thing to do. :)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Chris Adkins said:
Interesting having the panel in the cab. Is the company still in bidness?

Yep - Just got off the phone with him. He's been around here a long time.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That's interesting. Makes you wonder just how many other "Jem's" are out there that the majority of us have never heard of?

There could be the world's best TM out there somewhere that we have never seen.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Before cancer took him, my buddy Mel Pellini built PTO's that lasted for decades. He built a whack for a department store fleet that ran in 35 cities before it went under. Simple machines with no bells, whistles or dancing bears to make them run.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wonder if someone like my idol could take a Vortex and do away with all the electrical jumbo and make it more user friendly?

I'd call him and ask him myself, but Mikey won't let him answer my calls anymore.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I just got back from looking at the truck and machine.It fired up immediately, no blue or white, the machine ran great and is set up for dual wanding on a no. 5 blower. The engine is solid with no noise from the lifters,the tranny was just rebuilt, the machine has 600 hours on it since full rebuild, no visible rust on the body,125 gallon rec back door pulled down with one finger, etc. (I'll post some phone pics later )

BUT

brakes, tires, radiator, windshield, tie rods, ball joints and some welding of the box supports. I don't know what I'd do with all the extra space after I move my family in.

The control panel is right behind the seats that are in great shape.

3k03pf3lb5T85P45R7a3b3777106b42a31c.jpg

It's a big sized truck. Parking will be fun.

3k93m73pc5Ta5Pa5R6a3bc93498a046cf18.jpg

A warehouse in the back, but if I want to pick up rugs, no problem.
3nf3mf3p35T05P35Rba3b7ab63ce12fc211.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Willy P said:
I just got back from looking at the truck and machine.It fired up immediately, no blue or white, the machine ran great and is set up for dual wanding on a no. 5 blower. The engine is solid with no noise from the lifters,the tranny was just rebuilt, the machine has 600 hours on it since full rebuild, no visible rust on the body,125 gallon rec back door pulled down with one finger, etc. (I'll post some phone pics later )

BUT

brakes, tires, radiator, windshield, tie rods, ball joints and some welding of the box supports. I don't know what I'd do with all the extra space after I move my family in.

The control panel is right behind the seats that are in great shape.

3k03pf3lb5T85P45R7a3b3777106b42a31c.jpg

It's a big sized truck. Parking will be fun.

3k93m73pc5Ta5Pa5R6a3bc93498a046cf18.jpg

A warehouse in the back, but if I want to pick up rugs, no problem.
3nf3mf3p35T05P35Rba3b7ab63ce12fc211.jpg

It does indeed need some work, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I got business accounts at autopart warehouses, friends in the glass business, tire bussiness, welding, and a vehicle lift to use to fix things. If you can turn a wrench, it can fix those issues. It will consume part of your time. But look at it this way, you'll have an awesome unit for under 7,000 at the most.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My bro in law works at NAPA so parts will be 45% list.
Richard, I live next door to one of the wealthiest cities in North America. (West Vancouver) If I market the crap outta the area, it's all possible.

Name
Nate W.
Willy P said:
My bro in law works at NAPA so parts will be 45% list.
Richard, I live next door to one of the wealthiest cities in North America. (West Vancouver) If I market the crap outta the area, it's all possible.

There you go pops..... You'll even have a warehouse on wheels. Like Ron but 1/10th the costs. GitRdun!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
hogjowl said:
I wonder if someone like my idol could take a Vortex and do away with all the electrical jumbo and make it more user friendly?

I'd call him and ask him myself, but Mikey won't let him answer my calls anymore.

Vlad wont answer now either eh?

CleanEvo

Hey Willy, That looks like an old Cromwell Restoration truck, I worked for them for years. They were taking the old JEM units that they'd run for years to Jim and he was rebuilding them, replacing parts as needed and installing those cool control panels.

I ran several different JEMS over the years, they are simple and reliable. The first one I ran had the control panel at the rear roll up door on the cube van and the vac and pressure hook ups underneath the box so you could run her completely closed up.

One thing though...those older units were sent to all the shitty jobs (if you know what I mean) towards the end of their days.

CleanEvo

You can fit a ton of stuff in them, they were designed to be loaded full of the stuff that really makes money... drying equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom