MB party @ Connections, The Wynn Buffet @ 8pm on Wednesday

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Re: MB party @ Connections

Sorry to hear of the situation, Jim. Our thoughts will be with you and your Dad.

Bob Foster

XTREME1 said:
Sitting here I think I should go to connections. Whatja think
I wanna see this tatoo.

You should show up and same with JOE HARPER!

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Jim Martin said:
for the 3rd time in a row now I am going to have to cancel my reservations and miss Vegas.....

My dad has throat cancer and has gone down hill pretty fast....
Next Tuesday he has to go in for a tracheotomy....he will be hospitalized for about 5 days
if he makes it thru this then he will be moved over to a cancer unit and they will remove his voice box..
if he manages to make it threw this then it is going to be a long fight with kimo....his white blood cell count is very low...he has dropped to about 119 pounds and he has an artery in his neck that is more then 70% closed off that feeds oxygen to his brain...so both surgeries are going to be touch and go...

so for the people I had talked to and were going to meet up with....I'm sorry but this is not a good time for me to leave..maybe next year....
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jim. I lost my dad to cancer 17 years ago this past July. Being there with him now is way more important then anything else.

A

aussiejohn747

Hi all - My 1st post to your forum from Adelaide, Australia.

To Jim sorry to hear about your Dad - best wishes from Australia.

Re Connections - I will be visiting Connections for my 1st ever visit to your big event - and would like the opportunity to join and visit with you at the buffet - If I can find it.

This will be my 1st visit to Las Vegas and very much will be a lonely carpet cleaner in a new environment for me.
Any assistance would be welcome and look forward to meeting some of any of you at connections... You know what I mean!!

Post here or email me would be most welcome. Good luck with your Convention... John - aka Aussiejohn

LeeCory

Sorry to hear about your dad Jim, I wish him well. My dad had throat cancer and made it through. It was a tough battle for a while but you dad can do it. He will have to learn to swallow all over again and it won't be any fun.

About 5 years later my dad had a spot of lung cancer and he went in to get it taken care of early. Right away he got hospital acquired pneumonia which is what did him in.

Get him out of the hospital as quickly as you can.

Name
John LaBarbera

Jim Martin said:
for the 3rd time in a row now I am going to have to cancel my reservations and miss Vegas.....

My dad has throat cancer and has gone down hill pretty fast....
Next Tuesday he has to go in for a tracheotomy....he will be hospitalized for about 5 days
if he makes it thru this then he will be moved over to a cancer unit and they will remove his voice box..
if he manages to make it threw this then it is going to be a long fight with kimo....his white blood cell count is very low...he has dropped to about 119 pounds and he has an artery in his neck that is more then 70% closed off that feeds oxygen to his brain...so both surgeries are going to be touch and go...

so for the people I had talked to and were going to meet up with....I'm sorry but this is not a good time for me to leave..maybe next year....

Well Jim, you're going to be missed. I was looking forward to putting a face with a name and spending some time with you but I totally understand. If I were in your shoes I would do exactly the same thing. Your father needs you now probably more than ever. And as you have noted, your place is there with him. I wish you both the best.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

sorry to hear about your dad Jim

my dad passed 25 years ago, had lung cancer that was detected when it was to late, it spread to his spine

they thought he had a bulging disk, found the cancer in his lung when they took a standard preop chest xray, opened up
his back to do surgery and found cancer was the cause on the bulging disk

chemo kept him alive a year longer then people with his type of cancer usually live

hang in there

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I feel like I bring this up every time...So I apologize if you've heard it before

My dad was given 6 months to live because of prostate cancer. His bones were so brittle that his neck broke while cleaning carpets.

He had cancer spread throughout his body.

He told us this at a restaurant in San Jose on Fathers Day 1997...My first fathers day for my kid.

He is still alive and kicking at 72 years old and doesn't have to take meds anymore...been off them for years.

Sometimes it works out for the best and sometimes it works out for the best. You just never know.

Good luck Jim.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

Mikey P said:
Please join the gang for a sit down meal @ The Wynn Buffet @ 9pm on Wednesday. (trade show ends at 8)
If I remember correctly the charge is $35 or so for all you can eat incredible food and no, I am not paying for your food or drink.

Come meet Les and Joyce Jones, John Lababera, John Olsen, Keith Studebaker and Alex Burtz at the best buffet in Vegas.

Wish I could make it but alas i can't make it this year.
Have fun!

tim

So sorry to hear that Jim. Was looking forward to meeting you. I will add you and your father to my prayers

Askal

RIP
Name
Al

Hey John. I am going to be there on Thursday afternoon. I remember having dinner with you and your wife when I was in Australia on my first moto tour. Give me a ring at 541-659-0680 after Thursday afternoon. Would love to chat and have a beer.
Al

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

You know you're getting old when your idea of a party involves a sitdown meal at a buffet.

What next? A party at the retirement center! :lol: :lol:

Haven't you guys seen Hangover? That's what I'm talking about!
Hangover-movie-10.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

I agree George . . .

A good party in Vegas is when . . .

you walk outside after a hard night of carousing . . .

and it is broad daylight !!

Larry

P.S. Of course, sometimes you get thrown out in the middle of the party.
The guys I worked with had a Wednesday night out at some good clubs here in Dallas.
They were well-known at all the clubs we frequented.
One infamous night, we got thrown out of 3 different clubs over slight disagreements.

davendana

Name
d Jackass
Re: MB party @ Connections, The Wynn Buffet @ 8pm on Wednesd

Robert Lee from Gum B GONE wiil be there too

PCCN

Re: MB party @ Connections, The Wynn Buffet @ 8pm on Wednesd

Dayum boyz, over hear in Nashbille, we gotz Billy Bob Wong's Chineez and Dog House wit 'a all u kin et' buufet fer only $4. It's a classy joint!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom