Mcdonalds play area

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
My local Mickyd's asked if I could clean their floor under the kids play area. It is rubbery chipped looking stuff. Haven't done this before, any help on how to do this would be appreciated. TIA

RickL

If you find out who the floor is made by you can typically go to their website and they will have a recommended cleaning process including products to use. It's been my experience that a stripper is used followed by a scrub and suck it up. A autoscrubber is ideal for this. Good Luck

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I don't know mate, but when the STINK of urine still lingers and permeates the whole restaurant the next morning, you don't want them to have you're number :shock:

any job may be tempting in slow times, but I'd think long and hard about this one.

I personally have never been in your position, but I have had my kids wanting to play in those areas and declining due to that urine smell... introducing water, heat etc is only going to make it worse.

a couple of things to consider...

WHY are they getting it cleaned? (Visual, odour, accidents?)
As Rick said, what are the manufacturers specs for cleaning?
If that fails, who's holding the baby?
If it fails to meet their standard, will you still be paid?
If it's a 24hr place, what Health and Safety concerns does that raise for you/your staff?

Not saying don't touch it, just do a bit of due diligence first... and all the best.

John

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Can't be any worse than cleaning the bottom of the Ball Crawl including each and every ball at a Chuck E Cheese after a flood.
Been there done that twice.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
KevinD said:
Can't be any worse than cleaning the bottom of the Ball Crawl including each and every ball at a Chuck E Cheese after a flood.
Been there done that twice.

Wasnt a flood but we cleaned one a few years back. Found toys, alot of money, trash, socks and rotted food.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Watch out for Rotten Ronnie........

307659677_11b6aef398.jpg

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Locally we have someone who has built a business cleaning these restaurant play areas. I was in McDonalds about a week ago at about 6 AM when they were finishing up. It looked as though they hauled a 5 gallon bucket full of towels out after wiping everything down with a quat disinfectant/ cleaner. I did sot see them wet clean any of the rubber or tile floor while I was there but they were vacuuming with a cheap vac. I would think that a neutral cleaner applied with a clean mop and a hand or light machine scrub with a soft brush would do just fine. I would contact the flooring manufacturer ( It's probably stamped on the bottom of a tile) but these are made to be cleaned. Work at night when the play area is closed and power dry all flooring before leaving. Set it up monthly and charge accordingly.

Chads

Supportive Member
I didnt have time to read everyone elses replies but you can use your tile egupment on this and it cleans up real easy from what I heard. Tile equipment i mean a turbo type tool. or a glided wand. and use your regular carpet pre-spray

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Chads right. Don't over complicate it. I've been doing one twice a month for about 4 years. All I do is take a trigger sprayer with my pre-spray mixed in for the area right in front of the door the rest just gets rinsed with my regular wand and whatever emulsifier I happen to be running at the time. The wand doesn't even have to be glided although it makes it a little easier.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you do that to clean that rubberized stuff???

ummmm isnt that stuff like a sponge and would absorb it??? and then take a while to dry??

Back
Top Bottom