Me and Lora are trying to decide about Florida....

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry and Mikey cuddling together after having been sworn enemies for so long.

what a drama queen you've become, must be all that time hanging out on that high school forum.

btw, my son wants to go to SFS so is there a certain time of year or location that brings out the more mature adult in you?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I will let Steve comment but seeing that weather is not an issue (living in Cali) I would send him to Chicago to get the full treatment March or October. March could still be crappy so October would be better. If he is all fired up and ready to go send him to Portland in May.

Reactions: Mikey P

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
what a drama queen you've become...
btw, my son wants to go to SFS so is there a certain time of year or location that brings out the more mature adult in you?
Your middle name is "Drama".

Steve

PS Not to argue with Bill, Mike, but if your son is gung-ho right now the weather shouldn't be a concern. I would absolutely get him to Chicago March 23-27 while he is hot-to-trot!

Now for a caution. SFS is famous for creating "family discord" when other family members attend SFS and THEN come back to the business. The conversation usually goes like this, "Hey Dad, my big question is what happened to you and Mom after attending SFS seven years ago. Shouldn't we be more successful than we are? For example, why aren't we... ?"

And of course I'm sure your boy will also add, "Yeah, Violand and Yeadon were OK for a couple of old guys. But wow, Steve Toburen has totally transformed my life..." :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not to argue with Bill, Mike, but if your son is gung-ho right now the weather shouldn't be a concern. I would absolutely get him to Chicago March 23-27 while he is hot-to-trot!
Get him in while he wants to, he will love it.

Plus there is so much for him to digest he might as well get started on it before he gets into the thick of the year when he will have less time to work in implementation.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
how the hell did my post get highjacked and turn into a Jon-Don thread. I think since you guys turned it into a SFS ad you should at least help Mikey pay for our First class tickets to Florida. I'll call Dave and tell him to take it out of Steve and Billy's checks :D

Reactions: J Scott W

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
John,
If you took it out of Steve's you could buy the plane. Mine you may get a canoe.

Reactions: John Olson

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ummm, John, I believe that would be our board proprietor that will be picking up your tab. He brought the whole SFS subject up at 3:09 PM board time. :)

Steve

PS To get back on track, John, you really should go. I really like the whole St. Petersburg area. In fact, Sioux and I are leaving 82 degrees here in Santiago, D.R. on Monday to fly over to 55 degrees in St. Pete. That's how much I like that _ _ _ seminar.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
@John Olson

Hey Buddy,

I haven't given up on you and trying to find something that might be appealing and a bit of fun.

My wife's cousin is an engineer and also former Air Force (53 years of age)

I asked him about any fun shooting ranges in the area and BOOM....

He pulls this up and says this is the place and he has even taken one of his daughter's from Colorado here.

He has an in if we need more assistance but this is the place to go.

and...They supply the guns and Ammo AND....guns up to FULLY AUTOMATIC!

I just keep trying to find things that could be of interest to people while I am still here.

Let me know if you need more help or have more questions. I will get in in contact with my wife's cousin :)

www.shoot-straight.com

Here is the Clearwater location

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/clearwater/

It's about a 20 minute drive from the hotel

Easy to get too

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
yeadon.jpg
adam hale.jpg
Dave Gill.jpg
jim-pemberton.jpg