Measruing Devices

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We need to bring our measuring an estimating process into the 20th century. Out with the "measuring wheel" and manually calculating square footage. Especially as we are getting in to more commercial facilities. What apps, devices, programs, software are you using or do you recommend?

Thanks!

Meg

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have a kobalt? Brand laser measurer from Lowe's, about a hundred bucks. I still scratch out the estimates on paper though, then take them back and clean them up at home

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
These don't get messed up measurements with all the electrical wires in walls and laying on the ground.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-Digital-Laser-Distance-Measurer-DLR130K/202504985

I would measure up the areas and put it in an estimate on my phone and email it right away. Zoho is what I use on my phone.

Cheaper Stanley ultrasonic brands would give 3 different measurements in 3 tries. Junk.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Oh crap I pace and screw myself a foot every 30 feet, I'm pretty accurate pacing an area one pace is 3 feet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Bosch. A lot nicer than the fat max. My Bosch is always accurate. I trust it to measure carpet. It's never wrong. It also does an internal click that you feel in your hand. That way you know it's taken a measurement.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Bosch can do cumulative areas and totals, but I don't trust my fumble fingers. Just get the dimensions and work them out myself.

Name
Nate W.
Leica D2 disto. Very accurate and can go up to 197' I believe. Calculates the sf of each room, hold up to 10 rooms, adds total sf so you can give a price before you leave. Works for us.

Reactions: PrimaDonna
Name
BradFenstermaker
Bosch recommended here yrs back. Amazon or fleabay.

Great for teasing small animals too. My little boy loves blasting laser shots too

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Leica D2 disto. Very accurate and can go up to 197' I believe. Calculates the sf of each room, hold up to 10 rooms, adds total sf so you can give a price before you leave. Works for us.

This is what we are looking at. An interior designer we work with recommended it. I was curious to know if anyone in our industry was using it.

Name
Steve Lawrence
We are very happy with our 3 Leica Disto 2's. Very impressive to customers. Way more accurate than the wheel.

Name
Nate W.
This is what we are looking at. An interior designer we work with recommended it. I was curious to know if anyone in our industry was using it.

They're very good. I bought it when they were $230. Now they're $179 is a lot more reasonable. Use Lithium ion batteries and your good to go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom