Metris is coming

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Those Vito Mercs are nic! Even if they'll call them Metris...

We had those Vito cargo and passenger vans back in 1996 -1997.

Awesome fully loaded passenger vans.. they call them V class nowadays but won't be available in the USA.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
BTW if you look online, you'll notice how all these DA car blogger wannabes are saying the Metris is to compete against the Transit Connect...

The Metris is actually a lot bigger than the ford... I don't know where they get this idea...

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Yep. That's why I posted it. Mercedes just put it on their website today. This thing will have some big cargo and towing capacity and looks as it will be much bigger than the Connect, smaller than a half ton but very capable.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Yep. That's why I posted it. Mercedes just put it on their website today. This thing will have some big cargo and towing capacity and looks as it will be much bigger than the transit Connect, smaller than a half ton but very capable.

I think you meant to compare it to the little Connect, not the full sized Transit Dan?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
2500 pound payload
5000 pound towing
208 Horsepower with 7 speed transmission.
Rear wheel drive

This is a minivan Beast...

Reactions: Chris A

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have heard nothing but good about the 7 speed Tronic transmission. I haven't researched it but I'm about 99% sure the 4 cylinder motor will be that of in one of their US cars already.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Next year hopefully picking up one with 5-10k miles on it. Should last a long time.

My 2006 only has 138k on it but it's getting rusty...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Although Mercedes hasn't revealed detailed specs, it claims the Metris will have a high towing capacity thanks to its powerful four-cylinder engine that makes 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Next to the Ford Transit Connect, Mercedes says the Metris has 54 percent more payload and 45 percent more cargo volume. As for the Nissan NV200, the Metris boasts 73 percent more payload and more than 50 percent more cargo volume. Even though it's slightly smaller than the Ram C/V Tradesman, it has 39 percent more payload and 29 percent more cargo volume. Power is routed to the rear wheels via a seven-speed automatic transmission, and a start-stop system is available specifically for the U.S. market.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
pretty neat van!

i read it fast and thought you said metric was coming and i thought about dang time for you guys but never mind lol

Buck1955

Name
John
They introduced it this week in Indy at the NTEA show. Their booth was quite impressive. They had stickers above the urinals that said "If we can't talk about size here then where can we?" Ha !

Reactions: Dan and Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If you want to trick it out...

IMG_20150307_131306.JPG
IMG_20150307_131149.JPG
IMG_20150307_131115.JPG

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom