Michigan is struggling but............

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I closed today on my second rental home with a renter moving in next week. Project a positive cash of about 450-550 a month depending on how property taxes end up come the new cycle in June. Hope to keep it 3+ years and sell after market recovers some for 2.5 times cost

On a business note hoping to open another rug cleaning drop off location around May 1st. This will be #5, and #2 not attached to one of our showrooms. While our retail business is really struggling with lower piece and avg ticket sales of rugs, we're banking on our growth in cleaning and cost reduction strategies to weather us through it.

Ken

dgargan

Way to go Ken. There is opportunity in every economy, you just have to look for it. Great job!

David

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I have no idea how Detroit supports the Pistons, the Lions, the Red Wings and the Tigers.

Golden Boy

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I read an article the other day that talked about people from all over the world coming in and buying like 10 house at a time for like $10,000 each

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
As bad as the Lion's play Waldo, their support is dwindling quickly, but the other's have great attendance.

Richard all our cleaning divisions are included, though I was pointing out a specific expansion of the rug care division.

Ken

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just bought the foreclosed double wide next door to me and will rent it out also.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Waldo said:
I have no idea how Detroit supports the Pistons, the Lions, the Red Wings and the Tigers.

Golden Boy
The Red wings and Pistons money is Little Caesars Pizza, The Pistons Are Guardian Auto Glass, one of the largest manufactures of auto glass, and The 0-16 Detroit Lions are Ford. We will see what happens to the Lions. People in Michigan have nothing else to do in the winter time but go watch the Lions loose. Its a great excuse to go drink beer with your buddies. Its all a blue collar following. The luxury suites at all of these venues are emptying out more and more each year. Especially the Lions. The Ford family builds football teams like they build cars.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
More millionaires were created during the great depression than any other time in history. This era will be no different.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm as busy as I want to be. I've hired somebody to work for me while I heal from the surgery and I'm hoping to keep him on after I get back. There is indeed a lot of opportunity in slower economic times and I'm glad I developed a niche market that seems to be going up in volume for me. I've done some creative things that take a few bucks off the ticket , but add to the final ticket. Second service discounts, no charge deo etc.

R

rotovacguy

Kevin McCreary said:
Waldo said:

Golden Boy
The Red wings and Pistons money is Little Caesars Pizza, The Pistons Are Guardian Auto Glass, one of the largest manufactures of auto glass, and The 0-16 Detroit Lions are Ford. We will see what happens to the Lions. People in Michigan have nothing else to do in the winter time but go watch the Lions loose. Its a great excuse to go drink beer with your buddies. Its all a blue collar following. The luxury suites at all of these venues are emptying out more and more each year. Especially the Lions. The Ford family builds football teams like they build cars.

Ouch, Kevin, damn that one hurt!! I've always drove GM up until 4 years ago when I purchased my Ford Explorer. So far it's been perfect (knock on wood!) not one single trip to the shop (not that I take it to those crooks...I do EVERYTHING myself) and it sees lots of miles, both city and highway, and it doubles as a family cruiser on the weekends, and pulls my cleaning gear other times just fine.

Now as for the Lions...well, yeah, they pretty much suck ass, no argument here. :D

I have found some really good deals on houses the last couple of months as well. I have purchased 3 homes in the last month and the estimated profit over 2 years should be 150k. Kinda makes you wonder why we clean carpet when there are so many more easier ways to make a lot of money. As far as the economy hurting the rental market, I guess it just depends on how nice your property is because if it's a dump you will have a hard time renting it, but if it is really nice then someone will always want in.

R

R W

Ken Snow said:
I closed today on my second rental home with a renter moving in next week. Project a positive cash of about 450-550 a month depending on how property taxes end up come the new cycle in June. Hope to keep it 3+ years and sell after market recovers some for 2.5 times cost

Come to Youngstown, Ohio, and buy a block full of houses for $25,000. Some are in good shape....some need work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom