MicroFiber?

steamron

Name
Ron
I had to clean a carpet and a MicroFiber sofa today for someone who wanted me to use a safer detergent, so I used Axiom from Prochem.

She called to say that the carpet was great but the cushions her Medium Brown colored MicroFiber sofa were dark and streaky. I never had trouble cleaning microfiber, I used the Prochem upholstery tool and rinsed with straight water, since her cat has asthma.

Any suggestions?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Ya gotta go look at it, Ron... She might just be crazy! Could just be mark/streaks for your uph tool.

As you said, it's pretty hard to f-up microfiber.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I always follow with a towel or hand bonnet on microfiber to provide a complete cleaning. (It can help for the areas that have oily soils). I would also check your spray pattern and stroke overlap. Often it's helpful to clean at one angle and then again 90 degrees in the other direction.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love upholstery pre spray from prochem for micro fiber they hold oil and the sudsy ammonia helps remove dark areas also I add a little 40 vol.

Like dave said it could be the nap. If the cats not allergic to oranges use a citrus prespray for darker areas.

pre spraying and pre scrubbing with a horse hair brush usually will remove 90 percent of all problem areas.

Maybe Joe's Soils and Oils would do the trick too. Its dfe safe and foams well too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All the above is correct and need to be checked.
In addition, my experience with microfiber is that it is very soil absorbent and wets easily. So sometime, soil can be transferred to filling material (wick back) and usually it requires a very thorough, at times repetitious rinse passes.

If there's a lot of protein based soil you will also need a pre-spray that works well with that (though most upholstery pre sprays are somewhat designed for that.)

Always a good idea to follow with dry toweling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom