Mikefest presenters, give us a tease...

Mikey P

Administrator
with a little more than a month before the big show I'll assume you've been working on your presentations..

Can we get a quick glimpse of what's in store?

F

FB7777

Stockwell and Forsythe are gonna bore everyone too death with small content and big words

Hale is gonna wear a tight Hugo Boss shirt or TAPOUT shirt and flex constantly as he points to the projector

And Warrington is gonna name drop the entire Bridgepoint line during his presentation

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Hale is gonna wear a tight Hugo Boss shirt or TAPOUT shirt and flex constantly as he points to the projector

I am a not so skinny bike rider. Nothing to flex. I am 41 years old. I don’t own any shirt with that brand at all and if I did it would show my muffin top. So you can fly a kite Boyle. :icon_razz:

I plan on talking about the highs and lows of life and business. Some important things and some not so important things, all while having fun. I think it will be a good time for all. If you don’t learn something useful and laugh at least once I will pay you ever dime Mike is paying me to do this....:razz:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
2 years and now your a schlub.. bul;shit ..under promise over deliver huh. Weren't you the one bragging about washing clothes on your abs 2 years ago :) I thought you would be taller but I do think knowing Adams story there is a lot to envy

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am sorry to say that as much as I was looking forward to going...I will not be able to make it.....As some of you may know my dad has been fighting cancer for the last year and a half....He has been going down hill for quite awhile now and we really did not think that he was going to make it to any of the holidays.......some how he managed to stay with us and last week took a turn for the worst........I just spent the last 36 hours with him comforting him and saying good buy....6 different times me and my sisters were at his bed side riding one of the worst emotional roller coasters I have ever been on....Hospices and the social worker were sure he was going to slip away....Today the nurse came in and his vital signs all came back up....From what I understand.....although completely bed ridden and so drugged up to control his pain...His will to hang on may go on anywhere from a day or two ....or up to another week........regardless....once he passes there will be things that need to be taken care of ...then I myself have things that he wants me to do that we talked about when I went and sat with him all those nights at the hospital.....plus I will need to be here for my mom and Mikefest will be to close for me to get the things I need taken care of......

I am sorry and I hope it does not mess up Mikes schedule to much...

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Sorry to hear Jim. Wish you and your family the best. I have been on the same roller coaster as you with my mom. She was given less than 6 months stage 4 cancer over 2 years ago. I feel your pain.

Mikey P

Administrator
Any body feel like they have what it takes to pull off Jim Martin's class?

Being prepared to fix your TM in the customer's driveway..

Lockheart?

Lee?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am sorry to say that as much as I was looking forward to going...I will not be able to make it.....As some of you may know my dad has been fighting cancer for the last year and a half....He has been going down hill for quite awhile now and we really did not think that he was going to make it to any of the holidays.......some how he managed to stay with us and last week took a turn for the worst........I just spent the last 36 hours with him comforting him and saying good buy....6 different times me and my sisters were at his bed side riding one of the worst emotional roller coasters I have ever been on....Hospices and the social worker were sure he was going to slip away....Today the nurse came in and his vital signs all came back up....From what I understand.....although completely bed ridden and so drugged up to control his pain...His will to hang on may go on anywhere from a day or two ....or up to another week........regardless....once he passes there will be things that need to be taken care of ...then I myself have things that he wants me to do that we talked about when I went and sat with him all those nights at the hospital.....plus I will need to be here for my mom and Mikefest will be to close for me to get the things I need taken care of......

So sorry to hear that Jim, those are tough times, and you do need to be there.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have been where you are and it is very hard. I hope and pray you and your family are comforted in this time of pain.

Adam

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
First things first - Sorry that you have to deal with such sad things, Jim. My best to you and your dad and the rest of the family.

For my stone presentation, I have 30+ pieces of stone to help those who are looking into stone identify different types of stone, diffeent finishes and so forth. Only plan on name dropping a few Spinergy products, but any who want to stick around after the class can get more product suggestions.

The rug ID class will have a few rugs that are small enough to bring and lots of photos. Learn Kilim from pile rug, different types of knots, foundations, single wefts from double wefts, a few common design elements and other characteristics that help you tell one rug from another. Maybe also some about putting together your rug washing facility if time permits.

If there are no other volunteers, I can arrange for an ILS mechanic to discuss repairs.

Becker

Name
Becker
I think most of us are born wrench turners and problem solvers.

I know more than a few guys that can't even change their own TMs oils.

Some of us, as kids took things apart just to figure out how they worked and the challenge of putting it back together. Pop a chub and enter the mall though the tool department of Sears.

It would be a hard class to hold , but I think Jim would have been the man.

4 nights, air, car, NY NY $800.00 SW from seattle .

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
do I get free hotel if I teach a class or do what hoody does and give vawter a hand job

Becker

Name
Becker
Nice?

Where did you score that?

Would you like to lead the on site trouble shooting class Donald?

iflyswa.com

Hmm, leading a class. I would have a lot to offer, as my TMs see nearly no professional shop time. But I'm not sure I have the vast knowledge Jim has on different types of machine.
I'll consider it, but I think they class would be better served by someone else, or a TM mechanic.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
418706_3082903610137_469834074_n.jpg

you should do it, knowing how stuff works is crucial on the job

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Sorry for your troubles Jim

Tammy got a phone call today
"you have to help me please, it's a mess..it a very bad mess, I don't know what to do..the police told me to call you and that you can help. Please help me.......it's gone but there is a bad mess...I mean the body. Please you have to help me"

it was for a person who was killed at his job , the guy on the phone was very distressed and not doing well holding it to together

How I deal with these type of jobs and calls And why it's not for everybody

Sorry for your troubles Jim

Tammy got a phone call today
"you have to help me please, it's a mess..it a very bad mess, I don't know what to do..the police told me to call you and that you can help. Please help me.......it's gone but there is a bad mess...I mean the body. Please you have to help me"

it was for a person who was killed at his job , the guy on the phone was very distressed and not doing well holding it to together

How I deal with these type of jobs and calls And why it's not for everybody

The best to come out of Ireland - definitely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHVHpbAInD0

Mikey P

Administrator
Donald, how about if we get Scott's mechanic to do a duet with you?

He can go over the basics of preventative maintenance but what I'm really after is good information that techs owner ops and owners can take back with them to lesson those annoying "uh Boss, the machine would start or it makes this funny noise when I run it with out those screen thingies in the tank" sort of stuff..

No heat?
No water yet the tank is full and or the hose is connected?
The wand is causing funny streaks
The hose wont squirt but the other one does
The Hydro Force aint drawing

I imagine if you two got together ahead of time you could put on a Sonny and Cher type act that would be a hit.

Scott do you have a mechanic with any sort of personality?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

He's gone......My dad passed away at 12:40 am this morning...he was very peaceful and pain free when he left us......
It has been a very long 2 weeks but I am happy that we managed to fulfill all of his wishes that he wanted.......

I am going to miss him very much....but I am happy he is no longer suffering..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom