Mikefest Seven photos and WOC rant

Gary Taylor

Re: I see the WOC goofs have MF questions

Mike for what it's worth. I think you have done a great job in moving forward the whole idea of carpet cleaners from the BB's getting together to have their own gathering. If I had a hat I would say "hats off to you". And wtf is woc?

Burtz

Is evan Kessaler planing another event for New Orleans

Mikey P

Administrator

No idea but I want to make it clear that the 120 was cleaner and not vendors or SS staff.

I would have liked more but Cooper was correct, we had lots of last second drop out, and I mean LAST second due to low or no funds.

Hell, even two of the vendors no showed after big promises.

Some even lied about coming when they had no intentions of showing up.

Isn't that right Strickland?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I was gonna get my camera out when you were getting served....... But thought you might get mad.. The woman was kinda tricky, acted liek she couldnt pronounce your last name.. I thought she was looking for a class or something! LMAO

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker

looks like fun wish i wasnt broke. i wonder if a summer event would do even better. winter was brutal

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

Mikey P said:
Who the heck wants to leave their biz in the busy summer months.

plan ahead.

Jeez you blokes make it hard.

Flat strap on carpet & upholstery during summer.

Busting a gut doing water damage restoration during the wet.

Oh, the wet IS summer in my place.

Winter is for two weeks in June/July.

Anything available around that. ??

shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

'tis the Kilkenny. :oops:

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

PS::: This is the only WOG I can access:

http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/

Where did I go wrong.??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

They need to get over how many were there, it doen't matter. You can't win with someone that just wants to be negative, there would never be enough to impress them.

It is a first class event with the quality of vendors, classes, seminars and attendees, it continues to impress all who attend.

What outsiders try to make of it is really irrelevant.

Great pictures looks like another fantastic show! 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

So...um...errr.....When's the next one Mike?? shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

its not the quantity of the people that showed up..but the quality......and from what I see.... there was the industries best........get that type of grouping together.....and there is not a show out there that can beat it.....

from where I sit.....it was another off the charts fest........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Jim Martin said:
its not the quantity of the people that showed up..but the quality......and from what I see.... there was the industries best........get that type of grouping together.....and there is not a show out there that can beat it.....

from where I sit.....it was another off the charts fest........

Thanks! :mrgreen:

:lol:

lonewolf

I was sitting here all weekend fretting about not being able to attend.
Large project we r working on made it impossible.
I went last year and had a great time.
Its fun to hook up with fellow biz owners and talk and share.
Everytime I go to one of these events I come away energized.
In my opinion not enough of these events go on.
It take a lot of work to put these events on.
"Thanks Mikey" !!
Hopefully there will b more!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

the best way to really look at this is that.......anyone can put together a back yard BBQ.....but not everyone can gather the industries finest all together into one spot and have them come from every where to participate in the gathering....something to think about for the manufactures and/or distributors that did not show....times are tough for everyone.....but the crowd from what I seen was still the best.....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

My favorite was the Butler guys who brought their A game; a standard issue brand new Chevy van and a new Butler system. As good as it gets. They were looking across at the parking lot at the resurrected from the grave White Magic Pro1200 brought back by the Frankensteins at Sapphire Scientific. I ran both machines and they were both top shelf. A peak MF moment among many.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I enjoyed the event and the ability to toss around ideas I have for my future endeavors. It was great meeting, Al Bradham, Crowley, Corky, Art Kelley, Les and Joyce, Jeremy, Steve Cameron, The Hicks Family, Martin, Jim Eckman, Brevick, Keith Studebaker, Kevin Leech, Adam Hale, Cindy, Lisa Wagner, Jim Bethel, Big Mike, Uncle Sal. It was great seeing, Al and Ky Ky, Mark and Andrechelle, Bawb, Olson, Jim Pemberton, and of course Mike again.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people. It was nice to get away, talk shop, and enjoy the night life. Thanks again Mike for your generosity, and thank Paula for letting you come hang out with all us broke dicks.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach

Wow, I finally got mentioned. Nice meeting you and the others Hoody. By the way, It's LeAch.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

T loves his food doesn't he

Thanks for all the pictures, shows what a lot of us missed

harryhides

Name
Tony

Great pics, looks like twas another great Fest.
Sorry I couldn't make it this year.

F

FB7777

I did look like another great fest

Keep the pictures coming for those of us who couldn't make it this year!

Name
Danny Strickland

it woulda been an expensive weekend for sure. :oops:

if yore Strickland love tank is low maybe i'll shoot up to SC next time yore there. i drive right past Judson to take my mom to her place in N Carolina!!! :roll:

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato

Hey Mikey you said in your first post( and I quote) MBer's are not afraid to show there faces.
That's got to be a misprint right.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner

You had more attendees than the RIA Convention in Colorado the week before... that says something.

Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

You had more attendees than the RIA Convention in Colorado the week before... that says something
:shock:
Pretty light attendance in Colorado?

Dan thought about going since it was so close but time got away from him and before he decided it was over. I think he plans it that way, his indecision decides for him when is not really commited to something. :roll:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner

Doc Holliday said:
You had more attendees than the RIA Convention in Colorado the week before... that says something
:shock:
Pretty light attendance in Colorado?

Dan thought about going since it was so close but time got away from him and before he decided it was over. I think he plans it that way, his indecision decides for him when is not really commited to something. :roll:

Had a few friends in the trade show texting me during the hours with pretty much "tired of talking to other exhibitors... thought I'd bug you instead" messages. LOL. Nice to know I can be a support group for pissed-off vendors who paid a fortune to get their boxes to an out of the way city, and stand around for a couple days.

I don't quite know why any show dependent on vendors would not think of their needs first. I mean, some of these companies do 40+ shows a year. Why not pick a place that's a southwest hub, close to the airport, and where you can find nice hotels that are not $250+ a night?

I've been to two RIA conventions in the past decade - both times I knew I needed to budget $4,000 for the entire trip - hotel, car rental, hotel nights, the ticket to the show (usually $700), and food. So I would plan out who I needed to meet with, and what opportunities I could create to make it worth that money, and my 4 days time. I'm great at creating opportunities... but that show makes it a very tough task to convert a ROI worth it.

So then you go to - having time with good friends. And that's the other side of it... to just set the money aside as "free time" funding, and just go have a good time and not worry about the money.

RIA has better quality people - but much smaller numbers - and often the same group, and similar speakers. It's just a shame they could not decide to become more affordable instead of so "elitist" and actually make more feel welcome in their circles... and wanted.

And from a vendors perspective, standing around in an empty exhibit hall, makes you think more about the money and time being spent - because they certainly can't write it off as a "fun trip" - it's hard work for them. And standing in a trade show for two days sucks as it is... but with no people to buy things, it sucks squared.

RIA just had a leadership shake-up, maybe some people who really understand business will take over and make things better. They already lost all of their rug cleaners who got disgusted and left to form their own group (also way too pricey) - but they need to get in fresh blood or they will dwindle to nothing.

Connections has a solid trade show. BIG. But their programs are weak. They should just be free since most are promotional presentations. The ideal mix would be RIA's quality programming, added to Connections quality trade show, and just have one big event that way. But RIA would need to add some cleaning tracks too.

I'd pay to go to that.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom