Mikey bows before the master himself

Chris A

Name
Chris
80% of what was pushed so hard was the networking aspect, couldn't most BDrs' do that on their own with like minded professionals, say, here? (that is of course after you weed through the armchair quarterbacks). Most of the "Real" marketing stuff has been recycled around the net for the last 15 years, what's so cutting edge about that?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow $1,000.00 a month, shit I could be one damn gracious host if I had a room full of cleaners paying me a grand a month. :shock:

It must work for them or they wouldn't continue to come up with a grand each month.

Go Pie-ranna!
:mrgreen:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Spartacus said:
Wow $1,000.00 a month, shit I could be one damn gracious host if I had a room full of cleaners paying me a grand a month. :shock:

It must work for them or they wouldn't continue to come up with a grand each month.

Go Pie-ranna!
:mrgreen:

That kind of thinking does not appear to work with Mikey and all of his fans here.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Spartacus said:

With as many owner-operator members (less so at the platinum level) one has to wonder?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Though I've known Joe Polish throughout his career, and I work with Lisa Wagner in the technical training arena, I had never attended a Piranha Conference before.

I found the information to be a good blend of established and proven techniques with several new ideas using new technology.

One of my most frequent criticisms of marketing training is that most of it is "20th Century" stuff that doesn't always work today. Several of the ideas shared at the conference were new ideas that were already being used by people I knew.

I had the advantage on many other attendees because several of the top Piranha people are my customers as well. Anyone can say anything in a conference, but I can tell by how much people buy, how quickly they pay, and where they live if they are doing well.

(And whether or not they do well because the spouse makes more money than the owner/operator husband!)

Did Joe push his Platinum Plus program? You bet he did.

I enthusiastically sell those things that benefit my customers the most and make me money at the same time. As long as what they get from me is worth more to them than what they pay me, its capitalism at its best.

The Piranha marketing approach isn't for everyone. But its worth getting to know people who use the systems and see for yourself how it works for them. Everyone I know who is involved reach out readily to anyone who asks for help.

I'd be remiss if I didn't add that Joe doesn't do this by himself. Lisa worked tirelessly throughout the program, as did David Brinkley, a man few of you know, but also someone who pours out every bit of energy for those who need any support or help during the program and throughout the year like Lisa does.

Bjorn

the sucker play is YOU PAY to go to an imfomerical

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

you can go to howads round table

were he re discovered zing ziggler

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I'm just going to remind everyone here that all of you have a "top" service you provide, as well as value you offer at every other level. In fact, package pricing is what we've always taught at Piranha.

Those who bought a ticket and came to the Conference, in just their bonus page materials alone, got more than their money's worth, even if they never stepped into the event room. We had technical and tactical sessions led by me on Wednesday and with Jim on Thursday, which I had a number of attendees tell me those "extra" sessions were worth their trips alone.

We are always going to have critics... that is one of the strategic by-products of becoming successful - that you have those who want to tear you down because they want to keep you down with them, whether at a financial level, or just at an "I'm angry at life and no one can celebrate anything" level.

That is the one thing about a Piranha Event, and especially within the Platinum group, is that they celebrate one anothers' successes. Whether they are a start-up or a $10+ million restoration company - they will get on the phone and help one another, and talk through the steps. We have some of the most successful cleaning and restoration companies in this industry in our Platinum group - and every one of them started out as a struggling owner/op - and there is no better support group and fan club than those who know EXACTLY where you are, and how to get out of it.

Converting Mike or Jim or any of the MB'er's here into Platinum was not my goal, by a long shot. All I wanted was to open the curtain and show some of the reality of what we do, and the impact we have on those within this industry. I put my heart into everything Piranha related, as does Joe, and it's been a blessing to me to have this career that I have, and the opportunities and happy times that have come from working with so many amazing people.

I came and enjoyed Mikeyfest - had the chance to get to know some of you better, including Mike, and wanted to give the same back. And it was nice to have you guys & gals there.

Someone might not be able to fathom paying $1,000 a month for Piranha Platinum (probably can't fathom $150K for a franchise either...) - but for those who are ready, we have resources there that many franchises don't even provide to their franchisees (which is why we had some of the big ones join this year, looking for marketing and community help)...

...and for those who can't even fathom paying a single dollar right now, perhaps because you are in a big financial hole, I've been providing some of the best business instruction out in this industry at my Marketing Money Map blog. In fact, I had a dozen "free info" seekers on my subscriber list come in person to attend the Conference, and several of those joined Platinum because the info they took action on made them the money to make that decision... because when my free stuff is that valuable, they know the paid-for stuff will be even more valuable.

Just because we have built a large company doesn't mean we don't care about the start-ups and the struggling owner-ops. I remember how hard it was to be working around the clock to cover the checks I wrote today with tomorrow's jobs. In fact, I probably spend too much time giving too much away for free because I remember that pain and anxiety very vividly. And I've helped so many get out of that trap, I have this desire to save the whole damn world, which gets me in trouble sometimes... spending time with some who will never take action to make life better, they just want to complain. But I always see the potential in everyone.

But because I do give so much of myself out there for free, I have no guilt at all for selling Platinum. If anyone is going to get upset about that, then it usually comes from not being in a place to be able to afford it, and the lashing out comes from anger at not being able to write that check. I understand that. And I always know that anyone getting angry is always about their life situation and not about me... because again, I give a lot, and I give often, and so my intentions and caring are there. Whether someone wants to take them is up to them - but I give it anyway. Even to those who bash Joe and me - I give anyway.

If you want some free business help it's at http://www.MarketingMoneyMap.com

Mike - it was nice having you and Jim and Tony and the rest at the Conference. Thanks for holding back on the Molotov cocktails. =)

Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
In my initial effort to show how much I felt the conference helped (or could help) cleaners, I neglected to add something very important that I've been reflecting on:

I got more than enough good ideas to support my own business model (supply and training) without paying for a single thing there.

Its difficult sometimes for me to attend a program where I look at what's presented for ideas to help my own customers, and then I neglect applying it to myself.

I have pages of notes of ideas how I can use new technology to improve both my supply end marketing and how I can better present my own ideas.

I enjoyed training Joe and Lisa's group. I didn't expect that I'd get such good training in return.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are always going to have critics... that is one of the strategic by-products of becoming successful - that you have those who want to tear you down because they want to keep you down with them, whether at a financial level, or just at an "I'm angry at life and no one can celebrate anything" level.
Easy....take it easy.....cool your jets, we get questioned nearly every day about our rates and I don't get upset about it! :mrgreen:

That's a lot of money I'd personally not spend it, but I'm cheap. That doesn't mean it's not worth it, it must or you wouldn't have so many members.

Gezzz make a comment and get ripped.......oh yea it's MB. :lol:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Wyatt Earp said:
Easy....take it easy.....cool your jets, we get questioned nearly every day about our rates and I don't get upset about it! :mrgreen:

That's a lot of money I'd personally not spend it, but I'm cheap. That doesn't mean it's not worth it, it must or you wouldn't have so many members.

Gezzz make a comment and get ripped.......oh yea it's MB. :lol:

That was a funny comment. Lisa is Joe's chihuahua. Very protective. It's true that there is only two types of people that criticize Pirana marketing. And they're both losers.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Art Kelley said:
That was a funny comment. Lisa is Joe's chihuahua. Very protective. It's true that there is only two types of people that criticize Pirana marketing. And they're both losers.

lol

Lora Olson

Mikey P said:
Say what you will about Joe, the guy is upfront and gives the cleaner in need their moneys worth. He also has an ego the likes of which I've never seen but he cusses and spits,talks shit and any guru who admits to going to Burning Man is AOK with me.
For your $1000 a month (platinum level membership) a company gets access to loads of proven marketing material of all sorts, big discounts galore from many vendors including Interlink, accountability, camaraderie with like minded cleaners and plenty of hand holding sessions by Joe's staff. (more than that, I'm just brain dead after two long days in the chair)

Not a bad deal if you ask me for an upstart company that does not know about MB or have the business know how to figure it out themselves AND need the accountability to keep them on track.

Did I sign up?

No.

But I do give it the MBSOA for the right company.

All these companies here really should get to SFS next, Boot Camp is is strictly marketing, nothing about systems, financials or cheerleader making to speak of.

We had some customer's come in who had been there, asked if we could match the Interlink special that Polish people get...we matched it, and beat it, and that was our "normal" pricing. shiteatinggrin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've not seen any pricing so I don't know anything, but if you're already paying a "G" a month I think you should expect more than end column pricing.

I think Rainbow and Servicemaster have guaranteed to beat policies don't they? Where they will match any price no matter how low it's sold for.

"I'm angry at life and no one can celebrate anything"
:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom