Mikey, Bryan, et. al.. Brushes we use.

Fon Johnson

Here are some pics of the brushes we use. I meant to do this a long time ago for you Mikey..

This is the segmented brush for cleaning tile and grout.

IMG_2840.jpg

Here is a close up that helps explain why it works for grout.
IMG_2842.jpg

This is the aggressive magnagrit brush we use for stripping. It will work on tile and grout, but can make a mess AND can do damage to softer tile.
IMG_2848.jpg

This is the Unger deck brush. I'll post pics of the new one as soon as I get it. This one is worn out.. My guys would use this on some accounts years ago instead of dragging in the rotary.
IMG_2844.jpg

Fon Johnson

We don't. With experience we just don't splash a lot of stuff. The stripping brush slings less than a pad does while stripping vct. The grout brush can sling some if it hits something just right, but it is not usually a problem. It is mainly in the technique.

Fon Johnson

LOL! Ok, I'll have to try and do that. I have never used one (or needed one) on commercial jobs with the brushes. I keep a rag handy for those occassional splashes. When doing commercial, we use the mop to get low splashes. Now if I were in a home with $50,000 cherry cabinets.. After 18 years, I've just got the hang of it..

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Wow, those might just pull that damn wax out of the grout.

That magnagrit would have worked on some concrete we just stripped and sealed.

Thanks for the pics.

Fon Johnson

The gaps between the rows of bristles allow them to get down into the grout. But you already knew that.. :roll:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Yeah that's what I used on the waxed ceramic yesterday. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've been eyeballing those segmented brushes for grout on Cobb's website but scared to shell out the $200+ for one if it didn't work.

Thanks for the feedback.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
How about any hand held or attachable nylogrit brushes for stubborn spots? Any cool websites for brush choices?

Is that the #53 or #73? Have you tried both?

Thanks.

Fon Johnson

Sorry this got buried while I was really busy..

Bryan, we use the 53, which is soft enough to scrub most any sheet vinyl but aggressive enough to scrub grout. We have them for swing machines and the auto scrubber.

Here is what the Unger deck brush looks like before scrubbed down to a nub. I just got a case in today.

IMG_2890.jpg

Notice the difference in the length of the bristles on the edge. This brush makes edging tile and grout a lot less of a nightmare. I have had accounts where my guys would prefer to scrub a whole kitchen with this brush instead of dragging in the swing machine.

IMG_2893.jpg

GroutManiac

Are those Nylon, Wooden bristle or neither?

Also, I never heard of a carbide scrub pad for tile and grout that goes on a swing machine, sounds dangerous?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom