Mikey...I'm using you as an example

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good job with having the Wifey in the pic...but no housewife cares about your big truck and your equipment.

Someone mentioned my website being geared towards women...and that was the idea.
I think you have too much info on the first page and you should have some emotional stuff on there as well.

I don't think my site is the greatest....far from it...but I am just picking on yours because it is the basic "my dick is bigger than your dick" website. And you are the main guy here.

I am only going by the home page because that is what people will see in the first 30 seconds...except for the intro page...which I wouldn't do.
The first thing you want people to see is that emotion.

Where is it?

The website is well done, but I don't think it says "Hey lady, you need your carpets cleaned"
What do you think?

truckphotonew2.jpg

mikevortexphoto.jpg

mikedrivingphoto2.jpg

Oh, and your ugly. :mrgreen:

See Mikey's Fat Head Here

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Wow ,Mikey is the biggest vegetarian I have ever seen :lol: . Brian is right. Allot of carpet cleaners websites (myself included) look like they are designed to impress other cleaners, not women the target market. Women make emotional not rational decisions so, dumb down and fluff up you site.

Mikey P

Administrator
Corky those pictures were strategically placed there to impress the fact that I am one of the three white cleaners in town.

and chicks dig my site.

I get shit load of work from it

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I'm generally big on emotional hooks -- kids, pets, babies, big smiles -- and not a big fan of equipment pics, BUT....

Mike's site is one of the better sites I've seen. His home page, IMHO, is great.

It's not so much selling his truck, although it is a nice touch. It's selling Mike. It shows not only clean, professional equipment, but a clean, professional cleaner and family man.

In most cases I'd agree with you, Brian. Mike's web is one of those exceptions.

If his goal is to put potential customers at ease, and every web site should, I'd vote he's done a just that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:

Only 4 out of 5 stars huh?

Here ya go....these are real people posting about me.
What People are Saying

I like Mikey's site too. I get the "feel" thing there from the hubby owner operator good guy thing.
Still a lot of info that I don't think needs to be on the home page. Just my opinion.

I would just have some bullet points maybe...or a couple of phrases in larger font to catch a persons eye.

Even if you take key phrases and highlight them somehow in the text body.

Edit: by the way, the pics of the people on that page are fake to protect identities but the words are from real people.

It was just a "you show me yours, I'll show you mine (Not like that, Gary) thing.
How many times have I said "thing" in this post?

Mikey P

Administrator
Jen- "are techs are like family, we've known them all for a long time"

yeah right.

You'd send Connor out to Mrs Washington's for 50%.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
forget strippers...

i was thinking lez...did ya click her pic???

My First Pomegranate Blueberry Tea Latte was here

A few years back I dated someone in Hermosa Beach. Sushi Sei was our favorite spot. Keshon the owner/chef was amazing.

Thai Fried Egg roll ( i used to get these so much I had to take a break!)
Thom Kha Soup - deliciously fresh and wonderful - not sure why the other reviewer dissed it-
Green Curry - YUM
Red Curry with Pineapple - Double Yum
Wonton Soup - so fresh and wonderful.

Dissed??? lol that is sooooo 80-90s....

I am sorry but people like that, just dont live out here.

which brings me to another point...

Why do I as a carpet cleaner want to show up in a suit and tie??? I mean this aint amway WTF???

You know how many jobs i have taken from people that show up like that??

Now i will give it to you. looking at those pics, that you deal with the rich and not so famous, so maybe it sets them at ease.. Me I just want the middle income and/or commercial work.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Mike's site is a little wordy for me but overall it kicks ass. Check out the reviews splattered all over the place. I think that alone does it. Nice blog too, I've referenced the stone stain removal a few times. The splash page which may or may not impress anyone is visually apealing and has an added purpose for seo.

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So many responses so little time this morning

We DO market to women and it IS emotional. As are most things with Women.
If I were selling tools, I would show pics of that.

You act like cleaning up dog shit isn't emotional. Ever see a womans reaction to a dog shitting on the carpet? Or one that just did? I get apologies, and "oh my Gods" constantly.
Ever see a womans face when the get a great deal or something "free"?
Come on now.

The dog, the cat, the pic of Jen and I, the video...those are all geared towards women. The humor (all be it, cheesy) Urine troube, I didn't Doo it.
I have gotten great responses from corny humor.

I wear a suit in some residential situations but mainly for commercial accounts.
Usually I will be in a suit right after a commercial account and will usually comment on why I am wearing it if I think they are "worried" about it ...for lack of a better term.
Image is everything and I can make a polo or a suit and tie work for me either way.

Ha, no Amway for me...or Mona Vei, as they are calling it now.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Jen- "are techs are like family, we've known them all for a long time"

yeah right.

You'd send Connor out to Mrs Washington's for 50%.

:lol:
The Techs in our area we have known for years.
It's good to have carpet cleaning friends.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
History shows that surveys show what they want to show. Ask the same questions two different ways and you will get two or more answers.
And it does not support cause and effect.
Neither does the outcome of women buying more because of emotion.

Each of my opinions on the subject are from my experiences...there just are more to support it.
I am not the Lone Ranger.

Empowering only works on feminist...and that's also in control groups. So as you said.. :roll:

I will be the first to admit that almost 100% of marketing is towards women.
They are the buyers
And they buy on emotions.

what you said leads me to believe that you have never had a girlfriend, a mother, a sister etc.
I am sure you have, maybe you just don't pay attention?

Not only do they buy on emotion but they act on emotion and react with emotion/s.

Education? That's a scary subject on women because they don't forget...and the forgive part is a tough one as well.

Have you seen my girlfriend? She's hot as hell. I better think about getting the enhancing drugs and equipment just so I can keep up.

honest all the time? Anyone? Honesty is in the mind of the beholder.

Oh and educational/ empowerment marketing IS Emotional Marketing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Let's talk about marketing to men.

Logic states that cleaning a carpet will make the carpet clean.
It takes work to do it, along with a little technology and education.

If I pay someone else to do it, I can make more money on my time and not waste it (time) on cleaning. Not to mention, I just don't want to do it nor know how to do or will learn how to do it or invest money to be able to to it myself...I love run on sentences.

Hey, that guy doesn't look like a deusch and he has a nice truck.
I'll call him.

done

Name
Kevin McCreary
Hey Mikey-
Do you run your business out of your house? How do you fit a rug pit and all that stuff
At your house? Are you in a subdivision? Do they have "subdivision rules" ? Do they all hate you? Or do they get
free cleaning?

Mikey P

Administrator
Run the biz from my sun porch.

Clean rugs at my partner's shop about 5 miles away.

Old school neighborhood from the1950's

Neighbors love me and dont' complain about the V in the driveway.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred Sed

I guess what I'm saying is I think you're a fraud and a parasite....maybe thats just my inner Murdock coming out though.

I thought I smelled a bit of Mudockness in this room.

I am pretty busy right now but when I get some time, I will tell you about all the things you said wrong in you last post.
See you then.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
and yet you are currently seeing a trend away from emotional marketing. A trend that has been seen many times in the past....just as the trend toward emotional marketing has. Trends have nothing to do with it

The difference? You choose to narrow your field of vision and learning to the present and recent past rather than an overall view. My narrow field of vision is of reality, NOT what I read on a webpage.Hell search "marketing to women" and you will find exactly what I'm trying to convey.

The "enzyte and pump" was not a dig at you but an example of the emotional side of men. Having said that your girlfriend/wife is not that hot no matter what love or the overweight keyboard jockeys of this forum have led you to believe. I didn't want to attack that point/ her but hey you threw it in there. It was just a light hearted return to your enzyte comment, but hey, now I know you're a dick.

Maybe the women I know are honest and not trying to live up to the stereotype you wish to perpetuate........It has nothing to do with honesty. Honesty doesn't control buying tendencies.

Empowering only works on feminist?

Maybe if instead of thinking a purchased YP commercial, a Men's Wearhouse suit, and the ability to post as a mod on a forum makes you some type of f'n guru you read instead of posting every once in awhile you would get better ROIs on your ad dollars...............You're a mod cause you like to post. Not because you know anything about marketing. Woopty do. You said Guru, not me. I learn everything I can. If I think something will help someone else, I post it. What are you doing?

I guess what I'm saying is I think you're a fraud and a parasite....maybe thats just my inner Murdock coming out though...........I'm not pretending to be anything. Who am I feeding off of?

Now....would you like to discuss the merits of emotional vs. educational marketing? I would question your merits before getting into said discussion.

Just trying to help people bro, don't get all butt hurt over it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dude, Fred.
I've said before. I am no marketing genius, guru, whatever. If I find something that works or come accross some information that is worthy of sharing, I will do just that.
That's what this board is for.
You have put me on some Pedestal just to try and knock me down. When really I am just an information hound and a post whore.

At the same time, if you say something that is blatantly wrong or stupid...I will call you on it. And anyone else. I would expect anyone else here to do the same and it does happen.

Get over it, while you try to mock me you make yourself look worse.

company names I have had

M&M Chem Dry
Chem Dry Express
Joplin Chem Dry
Golden Gate Chem Dry

All but one were familly owned

Just Carpet Cleaning
Service 1 Carpet Cleaning
Priority Carpet Cleaning
Service 1 Enterpises Inc.

Does that help?

Oh, and go F' yourself. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
You win Brian :roll: The "go ACE yourself" got me.

Out of curiosity though....in which state is Service 1 incorporated?

Ca. Thought about Nevada but decided against it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
LOL....you just f'n filed. Did you anticipate the question? I ask because you have mentioned service 1 inc (in march) before but no filing record existed on the CA sos site till today recording a filing on the 17th. Is it just me keeping you honest or did someone else call you on it?

Wrong, May 17th 2007

Check your sources sherlock.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I suppose I could send you a lock of my hair or maybe a picture with a kiss on it but other than that, your on your own.

Been filing as Service 1 Enterprises Inc. since the date above.

Love you too,
Big Bri

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
That actually sounds like the CA way of doing things. Here our annual reg is available for public view,,,,,

I was thinking of moving to Georgia (no shit) any suggestions?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Sorry....we've reached our asshat quota.......

Seriously though. Suggestions? All depends on what you are looking for. All things being equal I would be in the Savannah area. Much more opportunity in ATL metro though.

I would like to be near money without spending it. No Ghetto but would need some O/O's in the area who need work.

Nothin fancy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom