"Mikey sells V and gets an OP"

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
had to start a new thread, that one is ala Blue Boring - (keep the drama in that thread please!)

i look forward to Mike's thoughts on the Brute/CX20.

being that we both have Cimex's, and i love mine - heart of my business - his reviews could mean alot for my biz.

thanx --- Derek.

Clark

I did not ship Mikey a CX20. I shipped a 17 inch Defender. No spray system. The handle is back to go under desk and tables.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I believe that's the machine that Steve Smith bought from Clark. He said he'd have to kill his lead tech to get it out of his hands now.

Clark

This is a 17" Defender
100_0188.jpg

And this is CX 17
100_0231.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hey Clark:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like the same basic machine that I have, but with a different handle and wheels. So, could my machine (and Jimmys) be retrofitted with the new handle and wheels and be basically the same machine?

CleanEvo

My 19" Cimex weighs 137 pounds.

I'd like to try that op machine, especially on some commercial where a little soil removal is required, might compliment the Cimex nicely.

Any idea what a machine like that sells for?

CleanEvo

What's the difference between the defender and the square op machine Rugbadger sells. By the look of the Rugbadger pad machine...I'm assuming Orbitec makes those as well?

BTW - I'm not talking about the Rugbadger itself, but that finishing machine he sells.

Clark

The Yorkster is a rug finishing machine named after Ed York. I has a very small orbit. This makes it very gentle on the rugs. It leave the rugs soft and the fibers standing up. Not good for cleaning carpet. The Defender is for places where the cleaner pre-sprays and spots. Mostly resident work. The spray system on the CX is for open spaces. Spraying chemical on furniture legs is not good for the painted finish.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
to Brian or others who use the Defender on CGD:

how practical/impractical is it to clean larger areas of CGD with a machine that doesn't have a sol tank? what do you do, use your multisprayer for every 20'x20' area?

if so, that's really a pain!

isn't having a sol tank a must for CGD? (unless you regularly have CGD jobs less than 1000 sq.ft...)

thanx --- Derek.

CleanEvo

Derek

Sometimes pre-spraying can be an advantage due to the dwell time...it depends on the soiling. before I got my Cimex I used to do commercial with a rotary and always pre-sprayed.

I get really good results pre-sprying Releasit Punch and then going over it with the Cimex with releasit DS in the tank.

I may pick up one of those defenders just for areas where a little extra soil removal would be nice...like entries and high traffic halls.

Clark...waht do those defenders go for? I don't see them on your web site?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Clark, what's the diference between your cx and John's Brute?. Is it just the counterweights where the brush cup attaches to?. If it is, are they interchangeable?.

Albert

Clark

John has a wooden pad driver. It weighs more and the counter balance has to compensate for the weight change. He uses this driver for the thin cotton pads. Velcro is a problem for me in that it will be hard to buy in the very near future. I will make a pad drive die a lot like the Velcro in the next 2 months.

Clark

Not all Velcro, just the one we use on this equipment. The HTH tee hooks.
It will not be available after this year. I have not been able to buy it for 3 months. They will run it in China for $35,000 per run. So good buy velcro. I have a die being made to run the pad drivers with the hook on it. Velcro is not made in Iraq but it is made in China. All of it. No US production.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom