MikeyFest carpet cleaning tests

harryhides

Name
Tony
In order to help me to determine what size of carpet samples to do our tests on, I'd appreciate it if a bunch of you could take a minute. Lay out a tape measure on some carpet, stand beside it with your wand and measure your average and most comfortable wand stroke. It might also help if you included your height. ie giants and midgets, measurements are not going to be useful or used.

Thank you.

Those of you that would be willing to help conduct the tests should pm me.
You will have to remain sober and at least appear to be somewhat intelligent to play the part. White Lab coats will be provided - Make-up will not.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
About 3.5 feet by 3.5 feet...

Guessing ...No measurements taken...

But what the heck,I might as well do that too,today...

Funny you mention it,long time ago .I found a old Denise (Last name I forgot,Austin maybe...)

Ab crunch machine an it had a crunch counter on it...

I put it on the wand one day,An darn if it did not count the number of strokes...

Something about the way it rocked the mechanism inside...

The numbers for a regular house use to blow me away...

It was off a few times,but overall very close...

But I never waterproofed it,not insulated better from the heat...

Would like to find another.Every month when I drop stuff off at the goodwill/Salvation Army type places.I browse around.But nada...

But properly made it could be a good worker evaluation...

Let them do a room an see if numbers match your own...

Great point for consistent testing Tony,best of luck in your testing and results...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Too bad chad won't be there. I still remember that fugger cleaning with the OP machine during the test. He looked like a monkey f'n a football.

He made my cleaning look horrible though.

Make sure this year that the test is more real world testing. How a guy would normally clean a carpet.

Chad couldn't have cleaned like that for more than a couple of minutes.

harryhides

Name
Tony
There will only be one wand operator - Damien.

The inconsistency of the operators last years among other things rendered the test results questionable.

So to quote Shorty, "I have seen the light and changed my ways".

Greenie

harryhides said:
The inconsistency of the operators last years among other things rendered the test results questionable.

Well Ed V. will be happy to hear that.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Harry, have you thought of a solution for rotary types (rx, op..ect). A loose piece doesn't seem to work on these as the piece folds up all over the place....or just wand tests?

Albert

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Harry when testing VLM be sure to vacuum before & after cleaning then weigh the sample. It was a complete sham, injustice & a mockery last year. Granted I am a little biased.... but you know better.

harryhides

Name
Tony
No rotary tests this year and yes Jeremy you are correct - thanks for all of the input. I learned a great deal from doing the tests last year and this time should be a whole lot better- certainly better than the CRI's tests.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom