Mildew Stains On Patio Furniture......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any suggestions on removing that last bit of mildew satins on cotton??? patio furniture. I didn't test it, so it does look to be cotton. It's definatly not the plastic fabric seen on so many cheaper patio furniture. Yellow, white, and blue stripes....mildew is on the white only. I got 99% of it out today with the TM and 240* rinse. Tried S&G, Grease Eraser, PC acid furniture pre-sprays. Custy is happy as can be. I'd like to get it all out.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If it were cotton used outdoors it would probably be badly faded and rotten, particularly if stayed wet enough to mildew, so it's more likely to be Sunbrella or another synthetic. Unless the fabric is Chinese, the synthetic is way better than cotton for outdoor use.

We like to prespray mildew on outdoor fabrics with a mildecide to start with. Seems to make it easier to get out. If the fabric is synthetic and isn't Chinese, you can use any number of strippers or bleaches on it to try to remove the remaining discoloration. If the customer is happy though - be happy as well and let it go.

PS: If it is a synthetic, the upper temperature limit for cleaning it is 80 degrees F. You can turn it yellow and shrink it with higher temperatures.

Reactions: Newman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom