Minimum Charge Questions

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It sounds like YOU are not comfortable with a minimum charge, and spend too much time justifying it to a customer who really doesn't care. Or, if they DO care, you are spending too much time trying to justify a minimum charge to a customer who is not worth the effort.

bingo

steve_64

$50 FIRST ROOM $25 PER AFTER. if its got odor or heavy soiling issues the price is subject to go up.

i live in a smaller city with a lot of folks on welfare. i keep my minimum to help them afford me yearly. they are usually cash jobs in and out in 20minutes or so.
they do often lead to furniture and referals. these jobs are profitable for me. they are also often less than 2 miles away from home.

maybe i just havent had the nerve to raise my prices but im happy, my customers are happy, life is good.

oh, i did start out charging sq ft and was getting a lot of complaints about prices. growth was slow starting out until i changed to this price structure.

i also explain the minimum covers travel and set up and breakdown. most will understand that.
i also often say the more i do the more i charge, folks seem to understand that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom