Minimum charge

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I know we have discussed this to death but here is an example of what sometimes do for our minimum of $150. This room is about 7 feet x 9 feet. It is the only carpeted in the condo. The property manager doesn't mind because it comes off the damage deposit of the former tenant. He uses me because he knows I get the job done on time and can usually resolve any issues on the carpet. I get phone calls all of the time for 1 and 2 room jobs. Some think my price is outrageous, others say, "that's reasonable". I choose only to work for reasonable people.

IMG_20200722_135856.jpg

Name
Jeff T
we have a mega client who calls us ALL the time for a spot or two to be removed, knowing full well the 2.25 hour round trip is costing the Principle $1500...
Yesterday we picked up a set of area rugs from a client that lives on the last 3 floors of a waterfront condo. It took myself, my helper, the lady of the house, and the concierge, almost 2 hrs to remove them.
Im pretty sure she knows good service isn’t free...

Reactions: Mikey P

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I folded on my minimium today

little old lady who moves like she has all the time in the world.. 😳

$120 for her small lounge and dining, 50 min job if I count driving time there and back

scotty747

I folded yesterday too. Quoted 125.00 over the phone for a living room and set of stairs. Get there and was met by two great big slobbering mastiffs. Carpets weren't bad but the stairs were the worst I have ever seen. Full of dog slobber and who knows what else. Then my stare vac belt broke. Did the whole thing with a pmf internal upholstery tool. Stairs looked almost new. Flex-ultrapac-and left over tide free and clear from an earlier client sensitive to chems. The tide worked surprisingly well for a not trashed carpet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good example today, did a portable job, just 2 small rooms. Took 1/2 hour and the lady gave me a $25 dollar tip on top of the $150 charge. She was a renter by the way.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have $260 job on Sunday. Loveseat/couch, and 1 small room. But i have feelings that price is gonna go up.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Well yeah Larry h Parker got me 6.5milllion after I was hit with an anvil

steve_64

I have $260 job on Sunday. Loveseat/couch, and 1 small room. But i have feelings that price is gonna go up.
Sunday is a custodial workday for us. Doing some carpet tomorrow too. Sometimes windows. Saturday is our one day off a week and an occasional weekday.

Reactions: DAT

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Good example today, did a portable job, just 2 small rooms. Took 1/2 hour and the lady gave me a $25 dollar tip on top of the $150 charge. She was a renter by the way.

Set up portable, clean carpet, pack up and get paid in a half hour?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Set up portable, clean carpet, pack up and get paid in a half hour?
Yep, all of my equipment hangs off my portable. Roll it into her hallway, kitchen sink is big enough to put a 5 gallon bucket under. Which was good because she had packed the bathtub full of stuff. While the bucket is filling, I am hooking up the power cords and solution line. Prespray with hydro force, connect vacuum hose and we are cleaning. The rooms were very small. First one is 10x12, the second 9x10. Olefin carpet.

Back
Top Bottom