Miracle Method for showers and tubs

Mikey P

Administrator
http://www.miraclemethod.com/tile-showe ... ishing.htm

Have any of you any experience with this?

It was done on a shower stall at a section 8 I was at yesterday.

Looks great. Totally seals the entire surface with a epoxy.

I just have to wonder how long it lasts and how it holds up to doodle bugs and scouring.

P1000238.jpg

P1000235.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
Its that crap in the spray can one of my local section 8 apts does it all the time looks goood right of the bat but have noticed it coming off when they move out which never seems to long good turn over. I would use it in my own home.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
never used it.

we've tired the spray epoxy/paint coatings on porcelain coated steel tubs, with minimal success.

wonder how long the cleaning and application process takes?

Most of the rentals "we see" that need tub/tile repair/refinish are due to lose tile and water damaged backer board

wonder what the cost to repair and refinish with said product is compared to a complete new fiberglass tub and surround replacement?

an old tub and tile can be removed and new fiberglass tub and surround can be installed in less that 12 man hours

we charge 6 bills to install a new tub and surround.
(More if we're changing fixtures)
materials vary depending on the quality of the surround used.
a "basic" fiberglass tub runs in the $300 to $400 range.
Surrounds are similar priced for quality fiberglass and much less for plastic panels

..L.T.A.

Jim Hadley

I own several rental houses and have used their process several times over the years. It is a good cheap fix, looks good, and holds up quite well. Again, like everything, the person putting it on and the attention to detail is the key.
Jim Hadley

postaldave

:roll: Ive done 2 tub and showers. What works great for me was proper prep,followed by spraying it with Polly Urathane Auto Paint,so far 2 years old in a rental unit ,no problem.Looks great.

Walt

I used to do these with my dad. I got to do all the prep work. Any soap or silicon and it would fish eye. My dad would get pissed because it's a two part product.

Quality is in the prep.

BTW - Holds up pretty well. We would charge about 400 bucks to do one in 1990. Took about 5 hours. 4 of mine and 1 of his.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Probably 900-1200

I was thinking of marketing it to management companies and

I don't think they would spend that kind of money, however

In a residential setting where you can give them a 15 year guarantee

I think people would pay for it.

It would be the bomb in quick house flips.

The cool thing about that Hawk company is they train you to do

all types of floors, appliances, tubs, hot tubs, counter tops and even

claw foot tub restoration. A good cast iron claw foot can be 2-3 grand

and good luck trying to find one. So the owner of this company restores them

on his down time and sells them in a showroom. They have this one product

that makes a laminate counter top look exactly like granite.

Walt

My Dad and I did two claw foot bath tubs and matching sinks for Mark Harmon (the actor). He shipped them from San Francisco to our shop and then we had at them and delivered them to his home. Met Mark and Pam Dauber (from Mork and Mindy). Nice lady.

tubguy

I am a bathtub refinisher in Minnesota. Been doing it for 8 years. As far as Quick house flips...they are too cheap to do this. 5 year warranty is the normal warranty. If you have any questions about the business I'd be glad to help. Mike The tubguy

RandyHilburn

Mike, I'd like to know more about the process.

We're down in Mississippi and provide housekeeping and carpet service (install, cleaning, repairs, etc.) to property management companies. I've thought about tub, tile and counter top refinishing as an additional service, but haven't done any homework.

What's the learning curve - how much time does it take to learn/teach others. What's the cost to supply a truck with the necessary of equipment and materials for this type of refinish work? What's needed? Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom