Missed it by $21,105.00

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
October, which is usually a tad sof for us turned out to be a great month esp for the conditions of Michigan's economy. Our revenue in our cleaning businesses (On Location, Rug Care & Fire & Flood Services) totaled $978,895.00 up 7.7% from last year.

Our retail businesses (showrooms) continue to be down due to people not buying or stepping down price point wise.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
I didn't gross anywhere near $21,105.00 so KMA! J/k glad you guys had a great month, funny that it's usually not for you guys, our October's almost always real strong...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The commercial cleaning department (sub dpartment of On Location Division) was a shining star, up over 40% from last year thanks in large part to Rob.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We will next year for sure :-)

Sorry Marty- guess I was a little, it was just a wonderful thing for us esp with how bad or retail showrooms are doing (10 years ago we did almost 9 mill at retail and this year we may not hit 4 mill), but still have over 55,000 sq ft of showroom space to cover and millions in inventory.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Way to Go Ken! Great job my friend! You almost doubled my October's numbers! You lucky dog! I have much to learn!- Congrats!

randy

Name
Randy
Ken Snow said:
October, which is usually a tad sof for us turned out to be a great month esp for the conditions of Michigan's economy. Our revenue in our cleaning businesses (On Location, Rug Care & Fire & Flood Services) totaled $978,895.00 up 7.7% from last year.

Our retail businesses (showrooms) continue to be down due to people not buying or stepping down price point wise.

Ken

That is so good to hear KEN, congratulation to your whole team. A couple of questions if you don't mind, what do you attribute this to besides the commercial department doing well ? Do you see the economy in Detroit improving ? Where do you see things going in 2010 economically for our industry (the cleaning end of it) ?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks guys

Randy- I can really only speak for my area, other areas of the country have their own unique issues. The things that have helped this year I believe are:

1. Our people doing exceptional work and asking for more business

2. A determined refocusing on advertising with new radio, tv & print campaigns. I also increased my ad budget as a % of sales and with the ability in this economy to negotiate better deals, my ad budget went up about 50k, but my effective buying power was closer to 150k more than last year.

3. Market share gain (driven by #1 & 2 above) has been a big force for us. Our market has shrunk over the last few years with people moving out or losing their homes or just holding off longer to save money.

Ken

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
percentage wise I kicked your ass. On the otherhand that $978,895.00 would be a great 3 years for me

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Matt Murdock said:
percentage wise I kicked your ass. On the otherhand that $978,895.00 would be a great 3 years for me

LOL- Just because you're CHEAP Labor Crowley doesn't mean you beat him! lol

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
seen as how you done so good ...you should put a v in your fleet and get all them walk up's .....that would bring you up to the mil

some guy called porky has one for sale

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
damn Ken, Greg is really wearing off on you...what next? Post the plans to the west wing addition to your home, or how about a poll on what color BMW you're gonna buy? :?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
good job ken, service is king in this economy!

we're up 21.00 for the year which is a 55% increase in business :lol:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ha, Ken buying a Beemer! Ya shoulda seen his face when I told him I bought a Volkswagen! Daggers I tell ya! :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I didn't say we made any profit guys. In fact due to our retail decline we will actually probably lose money but the great peeps in our cleaning bus did great.

Ken
Ps no additions, no beemer and no salary for 3 months- as the owners we cut ourselves first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom