Modified my Mytee speedster... WOW

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Finally got around to copying what Greenie does to Porties...

Each vac motor its own port to the tank, and replaced the 1.5" inlet port with a 2" port... HOLY CRAP.

This thing is a BEAST now, It was picking up a 10x10 piece of carpet at 75ft of 2" hose using a 2" unglided wand.

The next step will be giving each vac motor 2" piping, and changing to a 2.5 inlet... then using a flojet pump as a continuous pump out...

If there is enough money laying around... maybe change over to 117500-12 motors, and just use the Mercedes diesel TM as a backup :)

Greenie

You've done good, you've hit the sweet spot.

small improvements could yield a tad bit better vacuum, but do you really want to lug around 2.5" hose with your porty? Same holds true for the vacs, I assume you have dual 3 stage in your unit? Call it good.

If you add the pump out, be sure to add an in-tank Coarse mesh draw string bag to the dirty water inlet, and of course a strainer for the pump out on the bottom of the tank. THe mesh bag also serves as an air/water diffuser, you don't need (or want) it to catch everything, just carpet fibers and larger stuff, teh pump should handle the fine debris, flo-jet is ok but Shure-flow makes the Mytee pump out.

Do you really need more than 75' of 2" hose.....? lol

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
So, I will only see slight improvement giving each vac 2" pipe vs 1.5? I know what you mean on the 2.5... that would just be so I could SAY I had a 2.5 port ;)

Yeah, It has 2 Lamb 3-stage 116765's, one is new, one is very old and can feel a big diff in performance with the new one,
Do you think the old one could just use some new brushes, to give it a little more "oomph"?

Even thought about taking the vacs out, putting in ONE 117500-12, and using the other vacs and make myself a booster.

Greenie

Let me preface my comments with this: Everything I say is "GreenTheory" it's my opinion as I see the information presented to me, they are my own independent conclusions, I am not an engineer, but I do know what I see, hear, and feel.

AshleyMckendree said:
So, I will only see slight improvement giving each vac 2" pipe vs 1.5?

Yes.
Let's say I told you you would see 7 more cfm and 7 more inches of water lift by re-engineering a 1.5" pipe to a 2" pipe, would it be worth the hassle, cost of new parts, including new float shut offs?

Both options still have more surface area than your single 2" hose to wand, and the plumbing is 24" max, not a lot of restriction on a single 100cfm vac motor on 24" of 1.5" dia. pipe. Keep in mind the vac motor casing only has a 1.625" opening at the source, we do hit a point of diminished returns.

I know what you mean on the 2.5... that would just be so I could SAY I had a 2.5 port ;)

:wink:

Yeah, It has 2 Lamb 3-stage 116765's, one is new, one is very old and can feel a big diff in performance with the new one,
Do you think the old one could just use some new brushes, to give it a little more "oomph"?

Yes put new brushes in it, most guys wait too long to put new brushes, you want to stay ahead of the curve on this, brushes are cheap, and easy to replace.

Even thought about taking the vacs out, putting in ONE 117500-12, and using the other vacs and make myself a booster.

Don't do it, your PAIR of 765s will spank a single 500, 200 CFM is 200 cfm, don't give that up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom