modifying a porty to make a super porty

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was talking to a guy online who is selling a recoil on ebay right now. this machine is running 2 inch hose and has several other modifications. I wonder if changing the opeining to run 2 inch hose makes that big of a differance, adding 3 stage vacs rather than 2 stages, boosters and whatever if you can make a porty run some ok distances( maybe like 75- 100 ft). I am using a couple differant portys right now and am thinking about running a booster and modifying the machine so I can leave the machine in one spot in the house rather than dragging it all over the place and up stairs, not to mention maybe get a little better dry time. I am not trying to create a makeshift truckmount by anymeans just wannna get some better performance until I can afford a tm.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

2" hose will help if you run 50' or more.

Increase the pump GPM. You need about 1.6 GPM or more for the best cleaning with a portable. Pressure should be 400 or so, but it is not as important as GPM.

Two new 3-stage vacs will give you great vacuum recovery.

A glide will help the performance, but doesn't change the lift to any degree. Make sure the wand design has good airflow capability.

Heaters are limited due to power drawn by 2-3stage vacs and bigger pump system.

Larry

G

juniorc82 said:
I was talking to a guy online who is selling a recoil on ebay right now. this machine is running 2 inch hose and has several other modifications. I wonder if changing the opeining to run 2 inch hose makes that big of a differance, adding 3 stage vacs rather than 2 stages, boosters and whatever if you can make a porty run some ok distances( maybe like 75- 100 ft). I am using a couple differant portys right now and am thinking about running a booster and modifying the machine so I can leave the machine in one spot in the house rather than dragging it all over the place and up stairs, not to mention maybe get a little better dry time. I am not trying to create a makeshift truckmount by anymeans just wannna get some better performance until I can afford a tm.

1. Yes 2 inch hoses make a great difference
2. Yes adding 3rd 3 stage will increase lift and cfm's(but unless you are planning on running a fully load generator or 1 30 amp dryer plug and a full 20 amp plug where you are gonna clean you will have power problems)
3. a Recoil XPS can already run longer than 100 foot of hoses with the 2 3 stages and 1 2 stage; I do it every day
4. if you add a CA booster to that machine you will have a Super Porty/Entry level TM; and Yes you can run it from the truck on a generator.
5. And yes if you wanna save some money Terje has a booster that will get ya where ya need to go on your old porty.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Amp wimps....... :lol: Geez, we're on the same system up here in Frozenmuklukland and I can find 4 outlets in most apartments with ease and 5 when needed. Electricity is my friend! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Mikey P

Administrator
3. a Recoil XPS can already run longer than 100 foot of hoses with the 2 3 stages and 1 2 stage; I do it every day

and plenty of hacks run 100 ft 1.5 whips, Bonnet clean homes with babies and use laundry detergent as a rinse every day, does it make it right?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mikey P said:

and plenty of hacks run 100 ft 1.5 whips, Bonnet clean homes with babies and use laundry detergent as a rinse every day, does it make it right?

Coming soon to the Recoil board near you!

Courtesy of Rickie Finkalot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom